Woman Defends Herself with Pocket Gun (Video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I liked the fact that she sat down behind the door and bought herself time to draw her gun. It shows that even in a stressful situation you don't have to have your weapon in a tactical thigh holster to effectively employ it.

Correct the robber didn't fall and was able to run away, but isn't the goal in a self defense situation to survive? If you are that hell bent on killing someone join the military, or go on your own criminal spree. She did exactly what she should have in my book.

Asses the situation, put space (which equals time) between you and the attacker (used the door) draw you weapon and fire it (even if you are on your back... I think mercop would commend her for this TACTICAL TRAINING: The Fall Guy ? DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE) Sounds like she had mentally prepared for a situation like this before hand. Whether it was after the other store clerk was killed a year prior, or after the first time she'd been robbed, doesn't matter really, what counts is that she had thought through a robbery situation and decided how she'd react beforehand which meant there was no questioning when it came time to pull the trigger. I think she taught us all a thing or two :rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I liked the fact that she sat down behind the door and bought herself time to draw her gun. It shows that even in a stressful situation you don't have to have your weapon in a tactical thigh holster to effectively employ it.

Correct the robber didn't fall and was able to run away, but isn't the goal in a self defense situation to survive? If you are that hell bent on killing someone join the military, or go on your own criminal spree. She did exactly what she should have in my book.

Asses the situation, put space (which equals time) between you and the attacker (used the door) draw you weapon and fire it (even if you are on your back... I think mercop would commend her for this TACTICAL TRAINING: The Fall Guy ? DEATH VALLEY MAGAZINE) Sounds like she had mentally prepared for a situation like this before hand. Whether it was after the other store clerk was killed a year prior, or after the first time she'd been robbed, doesn't matter really, what counts is that she had thought through a robbery situation and decided how she'd react beforehand which meant there was no questioning when it came time to pull the trigger. I think she taught us all a thing or two :rockwoot:

this is exactly right. she did what she had to do to survive well the rest of the people around either ran or just stood there like punks. plus she is probably not a junkie like the rest of us and was probably shooting fmj's and what not. good on her and i bet if he isn't caught from the gun shot wounds he definitely will think twice next time

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hope her voice has been run through some sort of program to comply with her wish of anonymity... otherwise she will be very easy to ID. I'd for sure remember a woman that sounded like that.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's great proof that no matter what gun you are using:
    1. Have one
    2. Don't depend on it

She used it to get him out the door, then closed it. Probably would have given her time to lock it too.

Can't depend on any gun is the key here: The pocket pistol didn't kill him. I have seen alot of shootings on tape where even higher calibers, .45, 9mm, .40, whatever, had the same effect (a few rounds hit, guy jumps up in anger/terror/etc..., then flees). It's not like what would happen in our minds, not our littleboy fantasies of clear shots and easy kills, followed with tickertape parades.

She should be commended for her quick thinking and flawless action given the circumstance of the action. Also a grim reminder of the level and speed of violence that most of these actions occur. See how fast it was from moment of entry to him slamming on the door? Not at all like we imagine it huh? Been mugged before and the flow and speed of violence is astounding, this tape is no exception. Have the gun handy and have it ready at the slightest sign of violence.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That was the first time I have watched that video. That was pretty cool. Ole cuzz couldn't get out of there fast enough!:D Sure hope he is not laying in a ditch somewhere drawing fly's.

What number of shots did she get off? Looked like three or four to me. That dude is hurting no matter what caliber of gun she used. They all looked to be center mass too.:yesway:

I can't help but think that if every business owner or worker/employee had the same mentality as that gal, a lot of that silly robbery crap would stop.:twocents:

Top Bottom