• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Nothing was done intentional, what did I miss?

Make it good, my next post will be #50.
    For starters, she attempted to run over officers - i.e. she used deadly force against people carrying guns.

For the updated story:

Small excerpt:
    Vaught crashed into the cars boxing her in, managed to get her car free and then sped toward officers.

Officers fired, although it wasn’t certain at that point if any of the shots hit Vaught. Ison said she drove around for a few more minutes, stopped in the north end of the parking lot, revved her engine and then drove toward officers again.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    For starters, she attempted to run over officers - i.e. she used deadly force against people carrying guns.

For the updated story:

Small excerpt:

Why would one put themselves in harms way when dealing with a unstable person when the only thing harmed is property?

Ok, so how would it have turned out if the unsecured parking lot was secured? She would not have been able to enter in the first place. We dont know what the outcome would have been if the lot was secure like it was built to be.
    Seems once the gates were closed they kept her in, seems if they were closed they would have kept her out.

Lets see what all the video shows.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've heard gun guys state "I could hit a gun sized target on the range, so an officer can shoot a gun out of a hand".

I asked them if the target was moving, and the arm was moving, and if deadly bullets were coming back at them.
    That's why the Lone Ranger switched to silver bullets. They hit the target easier.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ok, so how would it have turned out if the unsecured parking lot was secured? She would not have been able to enter in the first place.
    She would have been out on the street, just a dangerous as she was in the parking lot, but this time to every average Joe or Jane out there.

How many police chases do you think end when the suspect drives themselves into the parking lot at the police station? Ever heard of another one?

After the fact, it's easy to come up with alternatives. When you work the final kinks out of that time machine of yours, I'm sure the cops will be glad to try this again.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Why would one put themselves in harms way when dealing with a unstable person when the only thing harmed is property?

Ok, so how would it have turned out if the unsecured parking lot was secured? She would not have been able to enter in the first place. We dont know what the outcome would have been if the lot was secure like it was built to be.
    Seems once the gates were closed they kept her in, seems if they were closed they would have kept her out.

Lets see what all the video shows.
    What?

We can argue best policies and other things, but none of that changes that (from the information available so far) this was a justified shoot.

Why would they attempt to stop her? The police put themselves in harm's way everyday in order to protect the public. That's literally their job.

The police responded to a call about a suspected drunk driver (that's a danger to the public, BTW). The suspect then fled... going to the police station. Their duty is to apprehend the people who are active threats to the public. When they do so, they are supposed to weigh the risk-reward of chasing the suspect. But if trapped in a police station parking lot, can't hurt the public. Did a bunch of property damage and the police know exactly where you are? Great reason for them to arrest the suspect and not turn the other cheek (why should they?). Now, the police, who are wholly in the right to arrest this woman, are being attacked with a gigantic weapon. They have the right to use deadly force.

Look, I'm all for a healthy distrust of the police and repeating the mantras, "I'm not answering questions"/"I don't want to talk about my day." But if the camera footage at all comports with the police statements, then this is such an utterly clear justified use of force. Don't want to be chased? Don't run. Don't want to get shot? Don't try to kill other people.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    She would have been out on the street, just a dangerous as she was in the parking lot, but this time to every average Joe or Jane out there.

How many police chases do you think end when the suspect drives themselves into the parking lot at the police station? Ever heard of another one?

After the fact, it's easy to come up with alternatives. When you work the final kinks out of that time machine of yours, I'm sure the cops will be glad to try this again.

Sure lots of alternatives, no time machine needed here.
    The gates that would have kept her out kept her in. Good bad indifferent.
    Yes supposedly she was drunk, now shes dead.
    Should she be dead? Thats debatable.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What?

We can argue best policies and other things, but none of that changes that (from the information available so far) this was a justified shoot.

Why would they attempt to stop her? The police put themselves in harm's way everyday in order to protect the public. That's literally their job.

The police responded to a call about a suspected drunk driver (that's a danger to the public, BTW). The suspect then fled... going to the police station. Their duty is to apprehend the people who are active threats to the public. When they do so, they are supposed to weigh the risk-reward of chasing the suspect. But if trapped in a police station parking lot, can't hurt the public. Did a bunch of property damage and the police know exactly where you are? Great reason for them to arrest the suspect and not turn the other cheek (why should they?). Now, the police, who are wholly in the right to arrest this woman, are being attacked with a gigantic weapon. They have the right to use deadly force.

Look, I'm all for a healthy distrust of the police and repeating the mantras, "I'm not answering questions"/"I don't want to talk about my day." But if the camera footage at all comports with the police statements, then this is such an utterly clear justified use of force. Don't want to be chased? Don't run. Don't want to get shot? Don't try to kill other people.

Theres no law the LE has the duty to put themselves in harms way over property or persons.
    Its been settled law for long time, they are employed to uphold the law.
    Why would any officer put themselfs in the path of a car that has already bounced off a few cruisers in the parking lot already?

Lets see all the videos.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Theres no law the LE has the duty to put themselves in harms way over property or persons.
    Its been settled law for long time, they are employed to uphold the law.
    Why would any officer put themselfs in the path of a car that has already bounced off a few cruisers in the parking lot already?

Lets see all the videos.
    Legal duty and departmental policy are different. It is their professional duty to protect the public. I'm not arguing that every officer everywhere at every on-duty moment has lived up to that, but that is in fact the purpose of their job. Why would they attempt to arrest a person who is actively committing a crime? Is that really your argument?

Sure lots of alternatives, no time machine needed here.
    The gates that would have kept her out kept her in. Good bad indifferent.
    Yes supposedly she was drunk, now shes dead.
    Should she be dead? Thats debatable.
    You seem to dismiss any argument that you dislike under the deflection that good/bad are indifferent to those arguments while ignoring the basic premise of "if person is trying to kill/maim you, you can fight back." The didn't shoot her when they pulled up to the intersection.

Should be [end result] are always debatable. That's the point of using the word "should."

To reset a little bit in the name of clarity/open-mindedness:
    Given this set of circumstances, what would you change?
    For the sake of clarity, please restate the relevant events as you see them to substantiate your position.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Legal duty and departmental policy are different. It is their professional duty to protect the public. I'm not arguing that every officer everywhere at every on-duty moment has lived up to that, but that is in fact the purpose of their job. Why would they attempt to arrest a person who is actively committing a crime? Is that really your argument?

You seem to dismiss any argument that you dislike under the deflection that good/bad are indifferent to those arguments while ignoring the basic premise of "if person is trying to kill/maim you, you can fight back." The didn't shoot her when they pulled up to the intersection.

Should be [end result] are always debatable. That's the point of using the word "should."

To reset a little bit in the name of clarity/open-mindedness:
    Given this set of circumstances, what would you change?
    For the sake of clarity, please restate the relevant events as you see them to substantiate your position.

I seem to dismiss? The use of force must be reasonable and necessary.
    I'll continue here after the audio video has been released.

Top Bottom