• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Too much patriotism? A woman is being punished for flying 6 flags on the side of her restaurant. Code demands she flies 3 flags or less within city limits. I'm glad to hear her say she's not going to listen.

Property rights. Fight for them.

Discretion in code enforcement. Use it.

:patriot:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WqLrLBMeo[/ame]

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Good for her. The front entrance to Grissom Air Reserve Base would be in violation of their stupid law. What happened to common sense?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Too much patriotism? A woman is being punished for flying 6 flags on the side of her restaurant. Code demands she flies 3 flags or less within city limits. I'm glad to hear her say she's not going to listen.

Property rights. Fight for them.

Discretion in code enforcement. Use it.

:patriot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WqLrLBMeo

Agree completely. Unfortunately, she will probably lose. If the government can win cases over imminent domain (one of the most illegal things it does, IMO), they won't even have to try hard for this.

Who's government is it, anyway?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Oops I meant to fly only 3 of those ... my bad. :D

Like the city has not better things to do than checking how many flags people display in front of their house or business. :dunno:

Nazi flags I would understand but US flags I thought you could have as many as you want.

It must be quite a wonderful city if the only "problem" the city has to deal with is the number of flags.
    Everybody must be rich, healthy and have a good job. :rolleyes:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I see nothing wrong here. Rules are rules. This one doesn't make sense, so the the commity is likely to overturn it. The rule was probably put into place for a good reason, b/c some jack was disturbing other folks in some stupid way and somebody knew somebody important. Don't hate the enforcers, they are just doing what they are paid to do, enforce the law.

Raymond said it best (the WWII vet). It's just a stupid rule.

My question is this, when the commitee votes to overturn the law, will that news thread get posted too? Or will it make page 5 in the paper and forgotten on INGO?

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Sounds like my homo association :xmad: I read the bylaws regarding flags and their display. I can only fly ONE American flag! To top it off, they tried to tell me where I had to put it. Fortunately, I was at work when they came by so my wife just said ok. The bylaws don't specify a a location, so it's almost where I wanted it-a buried gas line was in the way.

IMAG0012.jpg

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Sounds like my homo association :xmad: I read the bylaws regarding flags and their display. I can only fly ONE American flag! To top it off, they tried to tell me where I had to put it. Fortunately, I was at work when they came by so my wife just said ok. The bylaws don't specify a a location, so it's almost where I wanted it-a buried gas line was in the way.

IMAG0012.jpg
    I'm surprised to hear that the homo association you belong to told you where to put your flagpole.

My post is probably against the rules, and I accept my punishment in advance, but I just had to.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm surprised to hear that the homo association you belong to told you where to put your flagpole.

My post is probably against the rules, and I accept my punishment in advance, but I just had to.

I'm not surprised they tried, I'm glad he told them where they could put it though.:D

Top Bottom