Woman, with child, bumps gate at/near White House, police chase, shoot, kill her

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Been watching the news.

Initial reports of SHOTS FIRED AT THE WHITE HOUSE,
    were later changed to SHOTS FIRED NEAR THE WHITE HOUSE,
    and then later were changed to SHOTS FIRED NEAR CAPITAL HILL.
    And then there was the SHOTS FIRED NEAR CAPITAL HILL, 1 OFFICER INJURED!

HERE IS WHAT I CAN TELL:

Turns out all the shots fired were by the Capital Hill Po-Po. They were the only people who were armed.

The injured officer may have wrecked his own car when he was driving and hit a "pop up" barricade near the capital.

A woman, who may have been nuts (NUTS is the culturally sensitive, yet redundant term for 'WOMAN DRIVER') was driving with her small child/baby (possibly as old as age 3). She may also have simply been lost and confused and it may have been an innocent accident.

She hit a gate, apparently NOT very hard, at/near the White House grounds.

The Po-Po jumped into action and drew their guns pointed them and screamed at the woman.

The woman panicked. If she was not "crazy" before this started she was sure as heck scared now. She tried to flee. The Po-Po then pursued and opened fire on the UNARMED and NON-THREATENING woman & her child. The woman was killed. The baby/child apparently unharmed.​

In the mean time all of Capital Hill shut down over the threat, something that actually could have been as innocent as a lost female driver who bumped a gate was shot.

Did I miss something or did the Capital Police waaaaay over-react?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So she hit the fence of the WHITE HOUSE with her vehicle, and when what were probably uniformed officers drew down on her, she attempted to flee? Tragic certainly, over-reaction? No way, no how.

(my opinion is based solely by what I know from this thread, as I haven't been keeping up with the news story)

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So she hit the fence of the WHITE HOUSE with her vehicle, and when what were probably uniformed officers drew down on her, she attempted to flee? Tragic certainly, over-reaction? No way, no how.

Because it's cool to shoot someone for running from you after you scare the **** out of them by screaming and pointing guns, when they're already shaken up by an accident they were just in?

:rolleyes:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well, the unarmed lady was shot 12 times. I'm sure her child is being medicated and being shipped to foster care as we speak.

Though they did mention in an article somewhere she had no ID on her. So maybe she tried to flee because she didn't have her license? Who knows? She probably should have stopped and the cops -maybe- should have showed a bit more restraint by not turning her into swiss cheese.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The initial reports were that she "rammed" a concrete bollard with her car. I understand Kutnupe's point, but I'm having real trouble with what I've heard about this case; in the absence of other information (such as the woman stuck SOMETHING out the window of the car during the chase or LOOKED like she had a weapon when they got her stopped), this sounds very much like over-reaction. Honestly, part of that may be the speculation-based-news reporting while ongoing and immediately after the incident, but it certainly puts the police in a bad light. I'll reserve final judgment when the full story comes out - if it ever does.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I just saw this on the nightly news. After watching the video I can't say I blame the SS or the Capital police. She ran from uniformed SS after backing out of an entrance, then when the Capital police had her 'cornered' (with marked cars) and with uniformed officers on foot with their guns pointed at her. Why run? Perhaps they over reacted a bit, but if people play stupid games at the White House win stupid prizes.

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    The initial reports were that she "rammed" a concrete bollard with her car. I understand Kutnupe's point, but I'm having real trouble with what I've heard about this case; in the absence of other information (such as the woman stuck SOMETHING out the window of the car during the chase or LOOKED like she had a weapon when they got her stopped), this sounds very much like over-reaction. Honestly, part of that may be the speculation-based-news reporting while ongoing and immediately after the incident, but it certainly puts the police in a bad light. I'll reserve final judgment when the full story comes out - if it ever does.

gLLe0qr.jpg

Does that car look like it rammed a barrier? The back is messed up because the lady did back into a police car when they ran up to her guns drawn. She's dead now so we'll never know if she was some great threat to national security or just some Mom trying to show her child the capitol and drove like a woman (I kid I kid) and goofed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because it's cool to shoot someone for running from you after you scare the **** out of them by screaming and pointing guns, when they're already shaken up by an accident they were just in?

:rolleyes:

It's never cool to shoot anyone.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    gLLe0qr.jpg

Does that car look like it rammed a barrier? The back is messed up because the lady did back into a police car when they ran up to her guns drawn. She's dead now so we'll never know if she was some great threat to national security or just some Mom trying to show her child the capitol and drove like a woman (I kid I kid) and goofed.

I'll never understand the so-called "panic" people get when they see cops. She backed into a police car after "bumping"/"ramming"/"colliding" with a barricade. Honestly I would've thought she was being hostile too. I've been to the Capitol and the cops I saw didn't seem overly wound up or anything of the sort. I had one yell at me when I got drunk and tried to climb a pole, no arrest, I just explained I was being stupid and I got off with a warning.

Something tells me there's more to this story, no cops are gonna chase down/shoot a woman with a kid. It's bad-bad-bad publicity no matter how you slice it. We'll see what information comes out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Try to hit the police with your car and you deserve to be shot and killed. No she didn't shoot at anyone but I personally saw footage on Fox News of her car surrounded by police trying to get her out and then her speeding away almost striking officers with her car. (Actually she did bump one or two).
    No matter what my agenda or mission, if Doing it put my child in danger there's no way I would do it. So now because she didn't want to surrender to the police her child has no mother. Or maybe she kidnapped the child? We will soon know what she ate for breakfast thanks to the terrible media.

(I have 2 family members who work on the hill and I have now spoke with both who say because of security procedures at no time did they feel threatened nor were they told the Capitol was under attack.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Police threaten to kill woman and her child after a bout of confusion.

Woman runs after having a group of officers hold guns on them.

Police run woman down and execute her. Politicians praise police; media spins the event to sound like another mass shooting.

Officer injured by an airbag when he wrecked his car. So brave.

I just saw this on the nightly news. After watching the video I can't say I blame the SS or the Capital police. She ran from uniformed SS after backing out of an entrance, then when the Capital police had her 'cornered' (with marked cars) and with uniformed officers on foot with their guns pointed at her. Why run? Perhaps they over reacted a bit, but if people play stupid games at the White House win stupid prizes.

A group of trigger happy JBTs holding guns on you...

Some people fear death and run, others tuck into the fetal position and cry.

Last edited:

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'll never understand the so-called "panic" people get when they see cops. She backed into a police car after "bumping"/"ramming"/"colliding" with a barricade. Honestly I would've thought she was being hostile too. I've been to the Capitol and the cops I saw didn't seem overly wound up or anything of the sort. I had one yell at me when I got drunk and tried to climb a pole, no arrest, I just explained I was being stupid and I got off with a warning.

Something tells me there's more to this story, no cops are gonna chase down/shoot a woman with a kid. It's bad-bad-bad publicity no matter how you slice it. We'll see what information comes out.

I have to agree with you on this one, something just isn't right with this picture. Will find out more as time goes by and hopefully this time the media will check it's facts and story to make sure it is correct and real.
    I will remain skeptical (of the media) for now. Just gotta wait this one out.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    It's DC there's a large percentage of foreigners. If they're right about it not being her child, she could have been someones domestic staff. Legal foreigner, cultural differences, Mr. and Mrs. kids in the car hits a pole and freaks. She could have very well thought her career and life here was in jeopardy. Not justifying running from the cops but you never know.

Top Bottom