• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Last time my grand-daughter was here, we went to Big R and she said she wanted a pink shotgun. :rolleyes:

I can see where it "MIGHT" come in handy - how many men would want to steal one? :):

RobertaX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple
    Bullseye in Kokomo

Last week I was visiting my parents in Kokomo so I headed up to Bullseye. They were great! The staff were very nice to me and didn't treat me like I was stupid. They let me fire the gun I was looking at.

I've stopped in there several times over the years and they are always friendly. Usually have an interesting selection, too. Last time, I bought a Colt Government Model .380, used but complete with box, extra mag and all the docs.

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    Let me start by saying I am not a woman, but just showed this site to my wife and she has not joined yet. She will only shop at one gun store here in Evansville and that is because the owner treats her like a paying customer, nothing more, nothing less. The only other place she buys from is from one vendor at the gun shows. He does not have a shop yet, just hits the gun shows. His wife is usually on hand and normally spends more time showing my wife the guns than she does me. I have bought my last three guns from him and two have been for her. Didn't know if I should post the shops names or not, so I omitted them. If it is OK to post them just ask and I'll tell.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Wow, are you kidding? My first thought would be "Hmmm... a woman in a gun shop. I bet she's not here to window shop. Or sit on the stool and shoot the bull with us for an hour."

Nope, a woman in a gun gun shop has already made up her mind that she's in the market for something.

Wait what... Where can I buy a woman like this? :laugh:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For the record, Tomlinsons in Churubusco treats women well. I was in there with my wife, who is not enamored of guns and only tolerates my gun interests. The guys there treated her with respect and explained some things to her, even though she was not demonstrating intense interest.

I also took a couple (husband and wife) there for some basic information. They are interested in getting their LTCHs and in carrying for SD purposes. Tomlinsons' crew was very helpful. They explained the various weapons, the challenges of mouse guns, variations in recoil for different calibers, quality of manufacturers, etc. The couple did not buy, but they were served well.

Of course, if a woman wants excellent service, just ask for JetGirl.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    For the record, Tomlinsons in Churubusco treats women well. I was in there with my wife, who is not enamored of guns and only tolerates my gun interests. The guys there treated her with respect and explained some things to her, even though she was not demonstrating intense interest.

I also took a couple (husband and wife) there for some basic information. They are interested in getting their LTCHs and in carrying for SD purposes. Tomlinsons' crew was very helpful. They explained the various weapons, the challenges of mouse guns, variations in recoil for different calibers, quality of manufacturers, etc. The couple did not buy, but they were served well.

Of course, if a woman wants excellent service, just ask for JetGirl.
    Thanks for the very kind words. :)

Moosegirl46052

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Lebanon
    Just reading this old post and didn't see them mentioned so i wanted to say that the guys at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette IN are also great. I've never had any issue shopping there and have had the opportunity to help out behind the counter and in the classroom/range, very good bunch to work with.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't know why more gunshops don't employ women (unless women just don't want to work there). I've seen a lot of gunshops work well with female customers and some not. I went to M&J Firearms a couple of days ago and two females came in looking around and he couldn't have helped them any better. He was professional, personable and not condescending etc.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I put my Glock on hold at Strictly Shooting in Evansville last Thursday and the two people that I interacted with were nice. I go back this Thursday to pick it up.

As long as someone isn't rude to me and answers any questions I have I am pretty much fine. I would rather be waited on by a quieter type of person anyway than those guido haired creeps that come flying at you from every direction in Best Buy.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Bite the Bullet

We have just added a new member to our staff at Bite the Bullet. It is my sister, Hayli Hopkins. So we now have two women full time in our shop!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    We have just added a new member to our staff at Bite the Bullet. It is my sister, Hayli Hopkins. So we now have two women full time in our shop!
    Plus a new line of concealment holsters for women too!

I also support Bite the Bullet. They are very good people to work with. This is why I drive by two other gun shops on my way to them.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Plus a new line of concealment holsters for women too!

Oh really? Details, please! Would they be worth a trip from NWI?

Edit to add: just looked at their website, next time I am that far south I will probably stop in.

Top Bottom