• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've had a few issues here and there with people making the "she's female so she wants this" assumption. The big thing that bothers me is when they are just downright rude and nasty. Are they acting like that because I'm a woman and obviously have no idea what I'm doing, or are they like that because they're just a jerk? Either way I steer clear of those places. Most of the time I feel like I get treated the same as anyone else would. There's always going to be some bias, but I think the more women are knowledgable and not just looking for a little pink purse gun that looks like it's sized for a toddler just because it matches her shoes, the more that bias fades.

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    Oh really? Details, please! Would they be worth a trip from NWI?

t_star, it is worth the trip! I bought my flashbang holster from BTB. It is my new favorite way to carry! I went in looking for a holster and Lauren showed these to me. I wasn't sure about the set up, but since she had experience using one, I decided to give it a try.

Midge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    jeffersonville
    I have told my fiancé several times, the pink sparkly guns annoy me to no end. I hate the color and just because I am a female I shouldn't have to buy pink gear.
    I use to only go to gun shops with my fiancé. He would usually talk to staff and I would just keep quiet and listen, I was like a ghost. No spoke to me, or would even really acknowledge me except my fiancé. I remember once going to a shop into a shop. My fiancé kept talking to me, and I made several efforts to join the conversation but the dude behind the counter completely ignored me. Why would you do that? It's rude?
    However, I also have to give kudos to Rick and his crew at Falls City Firearms in Clarksville. I have gone in there and just hung out, alone, and was treated as a true equal. I should also mention he has never tried to pawn anything pink off on me. It helps that he is one of the most knowledgeable people along the line of guns and local history that I have ever met. His shop is great! I would recommend it for everyone!

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I have told my fiancé several times, the pink sparkly guns annoy me to no end. I hate the color and just because I am a female I shouldn't have to buy pink gear.
    I use to only go to gun shops with my fiancé. He would usually talk to staff and I would just keep quiet and listen, I was like a ghost. No spoke to me, or would even really acknowledge me except my fiancé. I remember once going to a shop into a shop. My fiancé kept talking to me, and I made several efforts to join the conversation but the dude behind the counter completely ignored me. Why would you do that? It's rude?
    However, I also have to give kudos to Rick and his crew at Falls City Firearms in Clarksville. I have gone in there and just hung out, alone, and was treated as a true equal. I should also mention he has never tried to pawn anything pink off on me. It helps that he is one of the most knowledgeable people along the line of guns and local history that I have ever met. His shop is great! I would recommend it for everyone!

I tried the pink angle thinking my sons would not bother my stuff. Did NOT work!:D They don't care.

GlockPerfection

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Rochester
    I'd like to take my 12y/o daughter into gun stores like that and have her field strip a Glock and then have her explain while she puts it back together! Some females know more than they appear to ....

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    :yesway::yesway:I have to give a shout out to Bradis. Went there for the first time Friday. The hubs and kids were with me. One guy said hello and proceeded to talk to my hubs. I walked away and started browsing the case since I was the one looking to buy that day. I saw something that caught my eye. Within a few seconds, an older shorter gentleman asked if he could help me. I told him what I wanted to see. He did ask if I was looking at the 22 because the one I pointed out was a .45. When I assured him the .45 is what I wanted, he pulled it out and we continued to have a good conversation about the piece and what I was interested in. He actually pointed me to another model that I liked better. I did purchase that day from Bradis because someone actually took me seriously:) I just wish I knew his name, but if you go in, you will see him!

Top Bottom