• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsChris814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Camby
    The grips on his 1911 are a little rough for my hands but not bad, I prefer the grips my XDM. With the 1911 the trigger is not as touchy? as mine, I really have to pull it. I like a .45 cailber better, I seem to shoot better with it. I can keep my grouping pretty small with a .45 not so much with the 9mm. The reason I carry the 9mm is cause I can carry 18 rounds instead of 8 which is a situation I would rather have more then not enough.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The grips on his 1911 are a little rough for my hands but not bad, I prefer the grips my XDM. With the 1911 the trigger is not as touchy? as mine, I really have to pull it. I like a .45 cailber better, I seem to shoot better with it. I can keep my grouping pretty small with a .45 not so much with the 9mm. The reason I carry the 9mm is cause I can carry 18 rounds instead of 8 which is a situation I would rather have more then not enough.

Just my opinion, so not worth much. But if you shoot the .45 better, it seems that effectively gives you more bullets than the gun that has more bullets but you shoot worse.

Why not get a 1911 like your husbands, and find better grips?

If you are using the gun in defense, you are going to shoot worse than you do at the range. So carry what you shoot best.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just my opinion, so not worth much. But if you shoot the .45 better, it seems that effectively gives you more bullets than the gun that has more bullets but you shoot worse.

Why not get a 1911 like your husbands, and find better grips?

If you are using the gun in defense, you are going to shoot worse than you do at the range. So carry what you shoot best.

While I completely agree, generally speaking, we are talking about a high dollar custom .45 vs. an off the shelf 9mm. Kind of an unfair comparison. I would expect almost anyone to shoot the Wilson Combat better. Now if you rent an off the shelf .45 and have the same results or you can afford to get another Wilson Combat then problem solved. I do fully support the idea that you should always carry what you shoot best. When you need it most you want every advantage. Anyway, there could be more to it than the two guns in question. It could be the weight, grip angle, etc. There are a number of things. I know the SAs have a very high bore axis. I'm not a big fan of that. Maybe you should try some other guns out and see if a little heavier gun might be what you need. The stability of the platform can lead to more comfortable shooting and, hence, accuracy. Just a thought.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    My daughter just picked up a S&W M&P 9c and she absolutely loves it. With the different grip inserts she has found the perfect size for her. She prefers to shoot with the extended mag but has no problem with the standard either. She's also pretty darn accurate with it as well.

MrsChris814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Camby
    While I completely agree, generally speaking, we are talking about a high dollar custom .45 vs. an off the shelf 9mm. Kind of an unfair comparison. I would expect almost anyone to shoot the Wilson Combat better. Now if you rent an off the shelf .45 and have the same results or you can afford to get another Wilson Combat then problem solved. I do fully support the idea that you should always carry what you shoot best. When you need it most you want every advantage. Anyway, there could be more to it than the two guns in question. It could be the weight, grip angle, etc. There are a number of things. I know the SAs have a very high bore axis. I'm not a big fan of that. Maybe you should try some other guns out and see if a little heavier gun might be what you need. The stability of the platform can lead to more comfortable shooting and, hence, accuracy. Just a thought.

i had tried a few different ones, I did get a smaller one to keep in my purse. But after taking it to the range and trying it out a few times it wasn't the gun for me. We also have a Sig 9mm which I do not like at all. Im not a bad shot with mine, but as far as which one I enjoy shooting more that would be the 1911. And I don't like we will be picking one up for awhile. We are expecting are 2nd in Oct. so i won't be able to wear my gun belt anymore. But yes I do agree that I need to try more out.

Top Bottom