billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I think that you are right, greg..

I was thinking it was a '70 but I can't tell for sure by what I can see.

I walked into a Pontiac Dealer in January of '71' and told them that I wanted to learn how to be a "Mechanic".. Those Blue + White T/A- HO Models were on the showroom floor then, so it was late "70" or early "71"

HA.HA...
    I "Hobbled" out of a GM Dealership Shop (With NO Pontiac or Oldsmobile Dealerships) as a MANY time Master Tech in 2010....Bill.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The local Sheriff's Office had a few models of this '455'...

HO 455 for the win especially if it is a 3 peddle car. She is A-OK but man the car.

CM, back in the day, our Sheriff's Office (Next to our Pontiac Store), had a few '72' through '74" Catilina and LeMans models with this 455 H-O/GM-400 Turbo trans that would REALLY go.
    In pursuits they would outrun the Florida Highway Patrol units, with their Dodge 440 Magnums...Bill.

PS: Sorry to go off topic-BUT-Girls and Cars and all??...
    FWIW, The HP on these 455's really went to Sheet in late '74'-'75' when EGR systems were added...
    A few B-B's went into these EGR vacuum hoses..??

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I walked into a Pontiac Dealer in January of '71' and told them that I wanted to learn how to be a "Mechanic".. Those Blue + White T/A- HO Models were on the showroom floor then, so it was late "70" or early "71"

HA.HA...
    I "Hobbled" out of a GM Dealership Shop (With NO Pontiac or Oldsmobile Dealerships) as a MANY time Master Tech in 2010....Bill.

That's a good story Bill. Must have worked out for you.

I was an ASE certified master back in the 80's/90's. Actually didn't do a lot of wrenching. Mostly training. You know, " those that can, do. Those that can't teach".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a good story Bill. Must have worked out for you.

I was an ASE certified master back in the 80's/90's. Actually didn't do a lot of wrenching. Mostly training. You know, " those that can, do. Those that can't teach".

1970 I did a very short stint in new car prep at the now defunct Tom Wood Pontiac dealer on the east side. Thought they may be a future in being a line mechanic.

TW always had performance pieces on deck. 455 SJ GranPrix's and birds like in the pic. Those pieces would haul the mail and with some pats and tuning would set your hair on fire.
    An opportunity came my was so I went back to HVAC after that short stint. Glad I did.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    gb-3-guns-and-bikinis_zpsxhdwck2u.jpg

IMG_3770.JPG_zpsxr7zpdic.jpg

__1a2285224ea67e5e58076eb6725a64fc_width-600.jpeg_zpsqthh2vpz.jpg

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    gb-3-guns-and-bikinis_zpsxhdwck2u.jpg

She's about to shoot herself in the thigh unless it's a single action only revolver.
    Anyway two rules broken at once. :nono:

I thought that pose looked familiar. Nice recreation of Jane Russell from The Outlaw. Jane is not sweeping her leg, though. True, finger is on the trigger, but SA revolver.

47666_103232_2.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom