• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok, so my g/f has an issue with 'most' handguns. Most pistols she puts her hands on, her hand has to rotate a little so she can get her finger on the trigger like she should, and if she holds it like she should, she is always stretching for the trigger, or just has the tip of her finger on it. We looked around a few different stores to see what she might fit, and the one she liked in her hand was a Kahr 380. I would reallllly like to see her get into a 9mm at least, but I have yet to find anything in that caliber within the right size for her.

Just looking for recommendations on something that I might have overlooked, or maybe they didn't have in stock for us to check.. (sig p938)

Thanks in advance!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Springfield's EMP in a 9mm comes with stock slim grips.
    For comparison, I can't reach the trigger safety on a Glock without scootching my hand around to the right side. With a proper grip, my trigger finger just grazes the edge of the trigger (which you cannot pull unless you are also firmly on the trigger safety that's dead center of the trigger).
    Even the G36 is a weird reach. But 1911s with a FLAT mainspring housing, a SHORT trigger, and SLIM grips... that's gravy. Kick a few tires.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yea I got a G30, and that's right about how her hand fits on mine.. I'll definitely look into that EMP ! It's been added to the list of things to checkout. A 1911 would be too big for a CCW on her tho.. although I wouldn't have a problem adding another .45 to the safe. :) Most of the time she would like to carry it is when she goes out jogging, so size and weight do come into play there.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    For what it's worth, the Walther PPS is pretty flat and has interchangable backstraps. The small one results in a short reach to the trigger.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well she might have little hands, but she's not a 'little girl'.. lol I know she would be upset to hear me say that, but it is what it is... lol I figure if I break her in with my 45, I figure the 9 won't feel too bad to her. :) She's been a little busy with her last semester of college, but I will definitely check out everything you "guys" have suggested.

I was telling her too she would be extra cool if she carried a PPK, considering it's a James Bond favorite.. :) She just shook her head.. lol

Midwest Chick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    "I wouldn't bet the farm on that", said the girl who sold her 9s because 45s are cushy-er.

+1 on that. And remember that smaller grips does not necessarily have to equal smaller caliber or that you need a light firearm since they kick WAY harder. I prefer a .45 over a 9mm but the ultra carrys are also ultra expensive. The SIG P238 (.380) and P938 are both small, but are heavy enough that I don't cringe when we go to the range to practice.

SandyConner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Yorktown
    My husband was sharp enough to have me try some smaller pistols.... ended up getting a CZ82.

After I was getting comfortable with that, I tried his buddy's .45.... and liked it so much I am getting one myself.

Not so sure it would have been the same if he started me with a .45

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Had a range session with a few others on INGO and someone brought out a nice looking S&W 1911-9 Pro. One of the ladies that was there had only shot .22lr prior to that day (new shooter). Having small hands herself, she had no trouble with the S&W in 9, nor a full .45... The main thing she learned was that a lighter weight firearm will kick more than a Compact / Commander or a Full / G'ovt sized 1911. And her hand fit the S&W very well...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom