• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What kind of event would this be? Just one long open range? Multiple bays with different events or set ups? Would you include an informal competition or other events?

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Probably not one long open range. Everything else is possible. We will be posting up details shortly.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Jeepcrazed - I hope the turnout is better than you and I had last time at Riley!! lol....

I'll let Lisa know about this.

bangbox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My GF is interested, but would need plenty of notice so we can make plans to make the trip. maybe bring a few more with from the Orange county area.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Would this be open to non INGO women too? I have 3 friends that are just getting into hand guns and would love to bring them along if possible to get everyone's schedule to work.

I hate when life keeps getting in the way of important stuff.

Also you asked for suggestions. An introduction to some of the gun sports would be nice. Show or explain what USPSA, Steel Challenges and Rimfire Madness at Riley is about. Maybe then some ladies might feel more comfortable about attending some of these events.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Would this be open to non INGO women too? I have 3 friends that are just getting into hand guns and would love to bring them along if possible to get everyone's schedule to work.

I hate when life keeps getting in the way of important stuff.

Also you asked for suggestions. An introduction to some of the gun sports would be nice. Show or explain what USPSA, Steel Challenges and Rimfire Madness at Riley is about. Maybe then some ladies might feel more comfortable about attending some of these events.

I think if you have some friends to bring with you, that would be great. We've been discussing the stigma of women and guns, and how we can work on getting people more accepting. Bringing in some new shooters to see what it's all about is a definite step in the right direction.

I'm sure that we can work in some information about shooting sports. Coach is a fabulous resource. Good idea.

The date that we are targeting right now is June 23rd. Most of the other weekends are already booked on the range calendar. Plus, working it in to Coach's schedule is tricky.

If you can, pencil that date in. Once I get the official "thumbs up," I will post date, time, and start taking registrations.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Starting a new thread for posting the official announcement. I'm very excited as the plans are coming together.

Mom22byz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Franklin County
    I'm definitely in, but if it's the club in Terre Haute it would be hard for me to get there every month, especially right now. We have two gun clubs here in the Richmond area, maybe I could do something in my area.

Momof6, I would be very interested in something in our area. I am even willing to help out if needed. PM me if you would like. Just getting back into guns after being away for many years.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    Momof6,

Are you still looking for a location in our area or are you thinking of going to Terre Haute for a women's shooting event?

Mom22byz

Mom22,
    I definitely plan on looking into this, I've just had no time. Indiana's oldest living WWII vet lives two houses down from me, and he's dying. It started almost three weeks ago when his dementia took a dramatic turn for he worse. His daughter and son in law don't drive, and the rest of the family isn't around to help so I've stepped in to do what I can. It's been an honor to help him on his final journey, but it's taken a lot of my time in the last three weeks. He probably won't last much longer.

If anyone is interested, his name is Willie Southerland. You can google him. This guy was there, he IS history.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I've been at the hospital all day and am posting from the kindle.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    If anyone is interested, his name is Willie Southerland. You can google him. This guy was there, he IS history.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I've been at the hospital all day and am posting from the kindle.

I though I would post this just in case anyone actually was interested. It's been an honor knowing this man. He's told us stories of actually traveling from Missouri to TN in a covered wagon. How many people alive today can say that?

http://www.in.gov/activecalendar/Ev...EventDetails&information_id=97259&print=print

Sorry for the threadjack, this is just heavy on my mind at the moment. :hijack:

Last edited:

Mom22byz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Franklin County
    You definitely have your plate full at the present time. When things return to normal for you, I would love to meet for coffee at Starbucks or where ever sometime. Maybe, we can develop a plan to get more women shooting at the range in our area. I know several women who I think would enjoy a women's only training class, but do not want to travel far to do it.

Take care and ttyl
    Mom22byz.

Top Bottom