• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Dang... Why a Sunday?!?! I was ready to PM you and sign up but I am only off Fri/Sat...

Sorry to hear that. Scheduling is tough. Between the range and the people, there jusy weren't any Saturdays available.

Maybe you could switch for a Sunday? It is an excellent opportunity to get some structured practice time, and a great event.

jjhargro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Im pretty new to shooting and this sounds like it will be both fun and even educational. If Im not working I'll come

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Bumpinig this one.
    This event is quickly approaching. Just a month away. Should be a fabulous time.

If you are interested in participating, send me a pm and I'll get you a registration form.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    The 23rd is rapidly approaching. We have a nice group assembled so far, but room for more. If you are interested, please let me know.

and for Jackson's curiosity...about 15 confirmed registrations received and a number of others pending.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I've received several more registrations this week, but there's still some room.
    Contact me for more information or to request a registration form.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    The event is just over a week away so posting up some additional details. If you are interested in attending, please contact me right away to reserve your spot.

The format for the day will be roughly this...
    -Safety meeting at 12:05
    -Out to the range for some shooting
    -Back to the clubhouse for a discussion on carrying...sharing ideas on different carry methods and concerns, etc.
    -Out to the range again
    -Inside for a talk on home defense...thoughts and issues.
    -Out to the range again.

On the range, we will have several different areas set up... all with multiple targets. We are focusing mainly on pistol, but we are looking to have some targets for shotgun as well.

-One area will just be for informal, unstructured plinking. A good place to get warmed up, try out different firearms and just shoot.
    -the others will have different setups with a plan to them that are similar to some of the different shooting activities and competitions...though it doesn't have to be competitive, unless that's what you want. It is intended to be more fun. If you want to follow the plan, you can. If you want to be timed, you can. If not....that's ok, too.
    They will all have steel targets set up to shoot and and probably some paper targets as well. All stages/drills can be shot multiple times, as you like.

We will be running a cold range. no loaded guns, no handling ammo in safe area
    Loading will be done on the line as directed by the person serving as the range officer for that area.

What to bring:
    -Eyes and Ears
    -Bring at least 100 rounds.
    -Bring questions for carry discussion, or ideas to share. If you have holsters...bring them...as many as you're willing. This will be a great opportunity for some sharing about what's available and how it works for you.
    -Snacks you might want.

Please be present for the safety meeting in the clubhouse at 12:05 pm.

Anything I've missed? ask away....

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I will be there to help RO.

Patty, do I need to bring any of my guns or gear?

Fantastic...Glad to hear that you're going to join us!

Yes. If you're willing, feel free to bring whatever you like. Definitely not a requirement, but certainly welcome.

We are limiting it to pistol and a small section for shotgun though....maybe we'll get to do rifles, next time, if we do another one of these in the future.

GingerGlockGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2013
    Is there any plans on having any other women only shooting events later this summer? I can't join in on the fun this weekend. Bummer.

I hope you have a great turnout!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Fantastic...Glad to hear that you're going to join us!

Yes. If you're willing, feel free to bring whatever you like. Definitely not a requirement, but certainly welcome.

We are limiting it to pistol and a small section for shotgun though....maybe we'll get to do rifles, next time, if we do another one of these in the future.
    I'm ROing the Steel Challenge portion.
    .22 rimfire rifles and pistol caliber carbines are allowed in that discipline unless you've decided against them.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I'm ROing the Steel Challenge portion.
    .22 rimfire rifles and pistol caliber carbines are allowed in that discipline unless you've decided against them.

We were trying to limit the scope a touch, just to keep from ending up with too wide a range, but you are correct, sir. For the steel challenge portion, I see no problem with having those. Coach might veto it...but I'm ok with it.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Tomorrow is the day. It's supposed to be hot, so if you're one of those that wilts in the heat, start hydrating now.

The schedule is divided into several sessions, some on the range and some inside. The bays that we will be using all have covered areas, so you won't be standing out in the sun. The inside sessions will allow time to cool off.

Should be an excellent day!
    Any last minute questions?

Top Bottom