Won a trip to the Bahamas... Supposedly.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I barely remember, but I guess I entered a contest at the Fort Wayne gun show a few months ago and won a trip to the Bahamas from Florida and won. I am not typically the type of person to fill out submission slips to random contests like that, but a buddy of mine stopped and filled one out so I did as well for some reason. I have yet to call the number mostly because I am kinda sceptical. Is anyone familiar with the company that was at the gun show that was giving away the trip? Is it legit?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did your buddy also "win"? Often you get free hotel but you need to pay for food/drinks/airfare and it's just a way to fill a hotel. Sometimes you actually win something nice. Call and ask!

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Being skeptical is a good start. If it costs you ANYYTHING up front..run. If they want a Credit card number for any reason ..run. Do some research with all the information they give you and be wary. A lot of free trips wind up with you being stuck like a hostage in the midst of a timeshare pitch at best. :twocents:

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    A lot of free trips wind up with you being stuck like a hostage in the midst of a timeshare pitch at best. :twocents:

Exactly. I "won" the same trip from the Kokomo Gun Show earlier this year. Only signed up because the girlfriend did it for me. After calling and talking to them about it, I would get the trip, but had to sit through a 6 hour timeshare demonstration. I quickly said hell no and hung up. I'm not wasting my time to go listen to something I'll never be interested in in order to get some vacation to a place I'll never want to go to.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    A few years back the family went to a local fair. They had a drawing for a John Deere riding mower. The kids entered so did we. Amazingly we all 'won' the same consolation prize.....twice.

We all 'won' a free trip to Branson, Mo. Then about a month later we all were notified we 'won' a trip to Myrtle Beach. Both sales pitches mentioned that we had entered a drawing at the Anderson County Fair and didn't win the grand prize but did 'win' a runner up prize.

This happens a lot. They get away with it because the small print on the entry form or the entry rules state that you agree to 'share' the information with their 'partners'.

Top Bottom