• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    1) Some parents (if not most) are willing to try to protect their children at any cost.

Unless of course that means carrying a weapon that could be used by mommy or daddy to protect their child. Mommy and daddy sheep will protest guns, call for GFZs, want to ban all guns, vote for gun grabbers, etc. Yet one of the best ways to be able to protect your child when with you at home or in public is to have the proper tool. These folks barely have situational awareness and think they can just buy their child's safety with a credit card.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    NKBJ, I agree with you. Anyone else can send me all the eye rolls that they want.

Our culture is what it is now. All the blame, finger pointing, hand wringing, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't change where we are at socially or as a culture. We have to deal with what we have.

Should we choose moral teaching that places personal responsibility and respect for each other at the forefront? Or should we opt for a secular humanist approach where the blanket message is that we should just love and respect each other's differences?

On the surface there doesn't appear to be much difference. A little deeper look reveals one side that says, do what makes you happy as long as you don't encroach on someone else's pursuit of happiness and the other restricts behavior through self-discipline.

All I can say is that witnessing what 50 years of the one approach has done to our society and culture should provide ample evidence of what fruit it bears.

Speaking for my post, I don't disagree with either of you that there's a serious moral problem with about 3 generations of Americans. Arguably more.

Organized religion had something to do with keeping socially-accepted moral backstops in place for prior generations, and that has been eroded on almost all fronts.

Fact.

Whether it is the needed solution now, whether it is the ONLY solution ever, etc. is really irrelevant to this topic.

Other facts:

1) We have a problem with kids dying from extra ventilation.

2) This problem stems from a destructive sociopathy that is generations-wide, and will take that long to fully reverse.

3) Jesus, Buddha, Satan, nor the local warlock will be able to stop a chest bleed from M855.

I'd rather have the good book itself in the way, than just kneel and pray about it. Armor of any kind is that much better. If you choose to believe in that sorta thing: God gave you two arms, two legs, and a brain for a reason.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My middle schooler has had soft armor pannels in their backpack since kindergarten. Before it became mainstream or "cool".
    I also have 2 fire extinguishers in my truck and a full BLS med kit.
    Is it wrong to be prepared and train your family to be as well? My kids aren't in a panic when they see the news. They know the odds are slim to none but we still prepare.
    Why do we carry? To increase our odds of survival. If you carry just because you think guns are cool then you have your priorities wrong. Trust me, armor isn't cool. In a backpack or on. Its just another tool.
    My kids cant carry at school to protect themselves from psycho kids or adults, but they can have some soft armor panels so that if they are running away or needing to hold a door closed they have at least something better between them and bullets.
    For me its cheap common sense insurance, like a bike helmet.
    People can laugh all they want. I don't care. The ones laughing probably have none of the real world experiences or training that I have. Me and my family aren't snowflakes.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Unless of course that means carrying a weapon that could be used by mommy or daddy to protect their child. Mommy and daddy sheep will protest guns, call for GFZs, want to ban all guns, vote for gun grabbers, etc. Yet one of the best ways to be able to protect your child when with you at home or in public is to have the proper tool. These folks barely have situational awareness and think they can just buy their child's safety with a credit card.

Yes, at any cost means at any cost. Their freedom and liberty, your freedom and liberty, credit cards or guns. Some parents die shielding their children from gunfire.

Speaking for my post, I don't disagree with either of you that there's a serious moral problem with about 3 generations of Americans. Arguably more.

Organized religion had something to do with keeping socially-accepted moral backstops in place for prior generations, and that has been eroded on almost all fronts.

Fact.

Whether it is the needed solution now, whether it is the ONLY solution ever, etc. is really irrelevant to this topic.

Other facts:

1) We have a problem with kids dying from extra ventilation.

2) This problem stems from a destructive sociopathy that is generations-wide, and will take that long to fully reverse.

3) Jesus, Buddha, Satan, nor the local warlock will be able to stop a chest bleed from M855.

I'd rather have the good book itself in the way, than just kneel and pray about it. Armor of any kind is that much better. If you choose to believe in that sorta thing: God gave you two arms, two legs, and a brain for a reason.

I will not claim that God or any religion is the only solution. I believe that we, as a society, are going to (continue to) pay dearly for the situation we are currently in.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes, at any cost means at any cost. Their freedom and liberty, your freedom and liberty, credit cards or guns. Some parents die shielding their children from gunfire.

I will not claim that God or any religion is the only solution. I believe that we, as a society, are going to (continue to) pay dearly for the situation we are currently in.

I know God and religion is the solution. Without it our society has become a cesspool.
    All things correct themselves eventualy. Believers can read what is foretold. The end of days is playing out before our eyes.
    I also don't care if people laugh about that or believe it themselves. Ive never tried to convert or shame anyone for not believing. Believe however you wish. We all have free choice.

Top Bottom