• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hoping for, the best for him. I know 3 of the counties units have been in the shop for over a month waiting parts.
    I'm lucky. Ive got an appointment at AllenM's shop in Mid January. In my case it is just a new hood. So fingers crossed its a quick in and out job.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I had a little accident and needed body shop. I called around and they are all booked up until February. I asked them why everyone is suddenly crashing cars. The lady told me that the amount of work is the same, the shop just don't have enough guys to work on it. So there you go. The stores probably don't have enough workers to maintain a full set of SKU. So they have to reduce the number of SKU'S.
    Bingo. Been to two different restaurants in Merrillville in the last month and walked out because of the wait. Both times, lack of workers. What the hell is going on!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We are all getting a slight taste of what communism will be like. 30 years ago I met a coworker that had just came over from Russia. The thing that amazed him the most was the grocery stores here and how well stocked they were. And when he saw the sprinkler on the fresh vegetables.
    Lets go Brandon... ;)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Shippers & legitimate/ethical food processors have been telling everyone this was happening and getting worse...

Where there was normally 7 days of perishable food in the supply system,
    It's now less that 24 hours for a lot of foods.

Bakeries, meat processors and everyone else can't get help,
    Chemicals & supplies are in short supply,
    Federal/States DOT has declared war on trucking wanting those fines back,
    And we all know about import ships not getting unloaded...

And let's not forget the price gouging of the consumer going on, simply don't ship to certain regions drives prices up, then resupply and stop shipping to another region to drive prices up there,
    Without attracting national attention to the price gouging.

And let's not forget Chinese controlled food producers/processors in the US are shipping food to China first, before supply the US market.
    See Smithfield for pork, others for soybeans & other grains.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ice Mountain water and canned cat food are the only things consistently out of stock at my local Kroger. Other things are sporadic. One day I'll go and everything I need is in stock and a couple days later they'll be out of half of what I need.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Not sure how things are up North? But down here seems like many things are in short supply. For me I do not drink, smoke etc, but I really enjoy a cup of coffee at the start of my day. Since Walmart jacked their prices up on my preferred brand of non dairy creamer, I tried the Happy Farms (Aldi’s store Brand) Now I actually prefer it over the other brand. Well of late past four weeks they have been completely out of it. Today I am in there picking up Milk for the family, as Walmart was out. So I notice they have my favorite flavors so I purchased 6 of them. Kind of felt silly but I kind of figured it’s going to get used so why not. Also we have begun picking up extras of the staples when we go shopping.

Oddly enough my wife’s best friend from college lives in the DC area and she reports that the shelves there are fully stocked.

kind of makes you wonder.
    Just like those pigs living in the farmers house...

Q

Qwikdraw

We haven't had any shortages on any of our usual grocery items. We have plenty of Pepsi and Mt Dew. There are some bare spots throughout the store, but nothing we apparently purchase, so I don't pay any attention to what fills the empty spots. We have noticed the prices are double in some cases, and the sales aren't really sales anymore. We have several cases of pet food, and several bags of dry food for the fur kids. We keep it stocked up, just in case. We also have more non-perishable food right now, than we've had in probably five years combined. If anything suddenly happens, we can help family, friends, and neighbors, if they are in need. So for that, I don't apologize for stocking up.

Top Bottom