• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for where to find a wood grip, buttstock, and forend for a ar-15? Wanting it to look retro style and the ones from boyds are not.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana

I will keep them in mind. Thats exactly what I've been looking for. Never would have guessed how much they costed though.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Atlantic seems to have some wood AR furniture made by someone called coolgunstocks.com (which appears to be out of business)...

Unfortunately, selection seems to be limited. Looks like a grip, forend, and stock will run ya about $200 shipped, if you can find a color combo you like.

Taeverling

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Swayzee indiana
    Atlantic seems to have some wood AR furniture made by someone called coolgunstocks.com (which appears to be out of business)...

Unfortunately, selection seems to be limited. Looks like a grip, forend, and stock will run ya about $200 shipped, if you can find a color combo you like.
    Those don't look to bad. I wish the buttstock wasn't cut out. Still considering as a last option tho.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not completely. I just find that the wood furniture made in the older style look is much more attractive
    A gun like a video game I get it now.

When you say "retro" or in the "older style" I did not track as the AR-15 never had wooden furniture so there would be no wood retro or older style furniture.

Each to his own I get it. I get hung up on language.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    A gun like a video game I get it now.

When you say "retro" or in the "older style" I did not track as the AR-15 never had wooden furniture so there would be no wood retro or older style furniture.

Each to his own I get it. I get hung up on language.
    I think he was speaking in generalities, and not specifically to the AR. At a time when wood furniture was king.

Top Bottom