• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I went full on Rick Grimes (on a budget) today in the woods. S&W 586 in a leather holster, dump pouches of ammo, with a holstered hatchet. I say budget because I don't have a Python, haha. As an added bonus I took a .410 for fun. Trimmed some trees with all three of my tools. Great day.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have a six inch 586 that will hold its own against any Python (it shoots far better than me) and it will eat hot heavy loads all day long. Pythons are pretty, but have heard too many stories of them being a little delicate. Now my woods gun is a 3 inch SP101 for now, but someday I want to find a beatup old 4 inch Security Six for hiking. The SP101 is strong enough but damn if it doesn't hurt my hand after a box of 158 grain .357's... even with new grips. I can shoot my 586 all day at the range with my same loads and my hand doesn't hurt a bit.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here's a few that I woods carry....

rimg.php

rimg.php

rimg.php

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like a big stick for woods walking. Great time to find them right now also. Nice hickory or ironwood maybe oak or hedge apple.
    Something nice and strong for it size. A nice notch of wood to serve to steady a shot at the right eye level.

Then whatever you take with you work better. Plus looking for sheds or mushrooms you can knock off the leaves.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've put 500 rounds through my python so far, give or take a few. Probably half 357 mag and half 38's, no issues yet. I have heard plenty as well and like the Smith's the same but I will shoot mine until my son takes it over. :) No safe queens here lol

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The family python is second year made model has no ring marks so it stays in the safe. So do the diamondbacks. We have smith’s for shooting and the difference in nominal at best so the safe queens can continue to be what they are.

Top Bottom