• Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    "I seen" vs. "I've seen" or "I saw"
    "suppose" vs. "supposed "

My personal pet-peeve is collectively referring to Christmas gifts as "Christmas". (ie. the kids opened up their Christmas)

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Only one person said we, as in we need to do this..... Well, when I was in the Military, I used WE, because WE, DID it !!!!! I was NOT able, to sit on my butt, behind the desk, reading the paper, and drinking coffee..... I was out there with MY troops, DOING what THEY were doing..... SO, WE were doing it .....
    IMHO, that makes ME a LEADER !!!!!

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    "Do you know how fast you were going?"

But one that i've never understood is when someone says "ideal" instead of "idea"..."He came up with this great ideal.." or "Now that's an ideal"

I hear it every now and then, but the father of a friend of mine only says the word "ideal" and it drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    "It's not a problem, it's an opportunity" or "What opportunities do you have today?"

I have the opportunity to punch you in your mouth. I have the opportunity to lose my sanity. What I have here, in this location with my people are problems. When a cop pulls me over, he doesn't ask me if I know what my opportunities for better driving are, he asks me wtf my problem is. When I heard this at my last job I wanted to have a stroke on the spot.

"You need to coach your employees to (x)"

No, I need to either a) kick their @$$ for doing something stupid or b) kick yours for the same. I'm not a coach, I am a manager. I exist to generate results through my people. Sometimes I can do that through advice and somethign approaching being a coach. Sometimes it requires a boot in the rear.

I hate manager "speak" with a passion, and I hate it when management at a job becomes a flavor of the month type deal moving from book to book to "improve the enterprise." Man up and just be a leader.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "You people"and sometimes "some people".

Either one screams of superiority.If I hear a person use you people or some people with a negative connotation I assume they are biased in a way they are not actually mentioning.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Anything to do with Wolf Blitzer, Piers Morgan, Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow... Oh wait, you said words and phrases, not people. In that case, anything they say, annoys the **** out of me.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Here's my personal favorite, all the girls love to hear this one.

It's all in your head / mind.

I'm not being a __________(fill in the blank) it's all in your head. Oh really is it now???? Well in that case I'm not being a _________ either, you're just imagining it. :D Whatever. :rolleyes:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here's my personal favorite, all the girls love to hear this one.

It's all in your head / mind.

I'm not being a __________(fill in the blank) it's all in your head. Oh really is it now???? Well in that case I'm not being a _________ either, you're just imagining it. :D Whatever. :rolleyes:

I especially love when you say that something makes you feel (insert emotion here) and the response you get is "No, it doesn't". Seriously????

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    "Beast mode". I can't even express how irritating that phrase is.

For those not aware, it's really popular among kids who think they're hot **** for going to the gym. I've met a number of elite powerlifters and strongmen. A 21 year old kid doing drop sets of barbell curls claiming he's going "beast mode" doesn't even begin to understand what that means.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    "Bible believing" Believing in the bible is pretty much part of the definition of being a christian in the first place, and I usually see this term used by fundamentalists to differentiate themselves from regular christians.
    "Social Justice" One way or another this always ends up meaning taking money from white men.

Top Bottom