• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I shy away from just about ANY offering that says,
    "I upgraded the springs", or "polished the internals", or even "upgraded guide rod"... or most any other modification.

Unless I'm familiar with the person who has done the modifications, I see it as a possible "someone else's problem" gun.
    I've read enough reviews about Churchmouse's work that I would jump on one of his modified 1911's, if I could afford one.
    Other user names that aren't recognizable, just get passed over without consideration.

If I don't know you, or at least your work, why would I trust what you've done to a firearm?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    OK this hits squarely in my wheelhouse. I can not leave anything alone. Cars bikes boats guns houses you name it.
    Never could modify a woman but that's for another thread. Second thought forget that please.

Fellas....if you are not willing to step up to the table then find another restaurant. No knock but seriously, I get it but again, if you build one up then yes you will take a BATH WHEN YOU TRY AND SELL IT ESPECIALLY HERE.

That's just a truth we all deal with. I am upside down in every gun I have in the safe thanks to my passion to modify stuff. That is my sickness. But when I post one up and some jackwagon says "Well really, it's just a 1911 or just another AR so it is only worth XXX that sets my hair on fire. Knowing it is modified and out of your budget like the OP stated.….just move to the next one or buy a RIA. I hear some of the farm stores are selling some really nice AR's and Tisa's.

OK that's my rant for the day.

Huh. I thought I would feel better.....:):

It seems like the proper mindset on price would be to compare a Churchmouse 1911 to a Baer, and a wizurd gun to a Cajun GW piece. Some people can't do that because they want the bling for the bucks factor, others just care how they shoot

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I like browsing the classified ads, but there are quite a few items listed that I would never consider.

"For trades only" are the weirdest ones for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gun snobs on every forum, everybody started out as a expert I guess.
    Nobody was that "new guy" ever? Lmao

Oh but I disagree...….look at some of my very early offerings.....Hilarious by comparison. If your learning curve is not on a steady climb then yes, you have been wasting a lot of precious time. My curve went from a casual upgrade to near vertical when I met some of the people I now call friends right here in Ingo. And I still learn something everyday and usually one of my own limitations.

It seems to me you do not have a lot of positive to say. Always a slice or a jab when you post. It gets old. Believe me.
    There is a very deep knowledge pool here. And some shallow genetics as well but hey, life.

Top Bottom