• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand has your favorite work boot? Include the style in your post.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    LOWA! if they are good enough to climb everest and for special forces, then they are good enough for me. I guarantee they will be the most comfortable boots you ever wear or I'll buy them from you(if they are 10.5):):

LOWA Boots USA / Welcome!

You've got me looking at these now, I'm on my third pair of Red Wing 606's since 2003, I've not found another boot that I like quite as well.

I've used Aetrex (bought at Red Wing Stores) insoles with them almost exclusively, and that makes a world of difference in comfort. They've recently been discontinued so I've had to go with a pair of Sorbothane insoles.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    RedWing. I'll NEVER buy anything other than Redwing. I wear mine to hell and back. And this is no exaggeration. I've ran 2 miles in a pair of steel toe. I wear mine to the Badlands when I go 4-wheeling and Jeepin'. I've walked thru mud and water. I wear them everyday at work, and I work in a machine shop. The last pair I had lasted 5 years. The pair I have now 3 years and going strong.

I love them.

Same here, Red Wings are awesome! Comfortable, durable, and not too bad looking if I say so myself. Mine have also been lasting around 5 years, that's great for a daily work work boot!! :yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wolverine and Docs have been what I've worn the most but I prefer flip flops or low top chucks. 12-14 hours were doable in all steel toes boots and shoes I've had but if I'm not doing something that requires protection, it is all about comfort.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    You've got me looking at these now, I'm on my third pair of Red Wing 606's since 2003, I've not found another boot that I like quite as well.

I've used Aetrex (bought at Red Wing Stores) insoles with them almost exclusively, and that makes a world of difference in comfort. They've recently been discontinued so I've had to go with a pair of Sorbothane insoles.

rusted moon might carry them, I know that JL waters in bloomington carries them.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I wore redwings for years and thought they were the bees knees... until I was introduced to Halls.

I've never felt less lower back or foot pain than when I was wearing my Halls.

I wore Redwings for probably 8 years, 3 pairs across multiple types of positions. I bought a set of Halls and wore them the last 3 years before I changed departments. My days were usually 9-14 hours of working mostly on my feet.

I'd never go back to Redwings from Halls, no way.

Boot_Entry

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    RedWings are the best boots I've ever owned. Mine have always been comfortable and herld up extremely well. I've got almost 10 years on my latest pair.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Converse
    policestuff_2152_48483514

I had no choice in the color...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I always wondered what the preferred brand of Jack boot was.... Thanks Denny.

:D
    ;) and I only mean the ones made in the USA. Break them in and have them re-soled when you wear them out. You can actually send them back and they will totally re-furbish them. When you get them back, they will look like new boots. True American craftsmanship.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My duty boots now are Rockys but I hate Them and I'm going back to bates.
    My outdoor in the dirt work boots are chippewa. Best work boot I have ever worn.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have wore Red Wing steel toe boots for 25 plus years. I would love to try some wolverines but I have had such good luck out of the Red Wings I can't bring myself to switch.
    I will say it makes me sick that most of the Red Wings are no longer made in the USA and if anything makes me switch that might be it.

Model 606 by the way.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    How does Danner run in sizes?

I really like these...

Danner - 30427X Danner® Light? - Boots

All I can find online are Brown, except on the Danner website.

Anyone know where I can find a Black pair cheaper than $300?

:popcorn:

A much cheaper option I found are these RedWings...

Red Wing 971 Boots

All the other sites I found had them around $130-$140. I don't know why the one's in the link above are so much cheaper...always makes me leery.

Top Bottom