• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I am recently received my dads charter arms .357 mag snub nose revolver. I want it refinished with dura-coat and the hammer bobed. Can anyone give me some recommendations.

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    This is a little beside the point, but how handy are you? Dura-coating and hammer installation aren't really tricky. You could easily do the work yourself and in doing so, save yourself some money, and gain a better understanding about your weapon.

Just a thought.

~LT

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I though about doing it my self but I also want it check to make sure its still safe to shoot .357 mag out of it, I know my dad hasnt shot it for probably 25 years, so I am not sure if I should just shoot .38 special out of it or if its still ok for .357 mag. However I really want it to look better also.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    Are you sure these were aftermarket additions? Some Charters were parkerized from the factory, which resembles duracoat, and I think some shipped with bobbed hammers as well.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    three50seven - it currently has a cherry red almost purplish color on most of the frame and has a regular hammer, I want the gun checked by a gun smith, dura-coated, and to have the hammer bobbed

Latham - have you used this company? I wish they had examples of their work on their website. Do you know where they are located I noticed they had 317 area code which means they should be close to me.

Top Bottom