• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AMasterofMayheM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    One key thing to remember with the work sharp is stop with the tip in the center of the belt, don’t pull all the way through unless you want to seriously round the tip off. Ask me how I know lol.

I have tried just about every system from the gatco/lansky style to things like the apex pro. I have settled on a 1x30 belt sander because of the speed and ability to do just about any size blade. Only down side is you can WRECK a blade before you realize it’s happening.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just finished my first session with the Work Sharp. I'm impressed. Picked up three knives at Goodwill to practice on. Invested a total of $ .64 for the knives. I have never been able to get a knife sharp enough to cut paper using a stone or diamonds but these three knives will slice paper with ease and have been added to the kitchen collection.

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    I've only used the Spyderco Sharpmaker. Well, that and a feeble attempt at free handing with stones. I'd like to get some sort of an angle guide system. That would give me some extra confidence. I'm generally afraid of ruining knives by trying to sharpen them myself.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    It's great for putting an edge on a machete or garden shears but I would be careful using one of these on a smaller knife. Even with the higher grit paper they can eat material away really fast.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom