• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not going to pry, but I certainly hope things work out OK for you my friend. Here's wishing you health and happiness. Prayers for all...

Thanks. It's nothing bad. Just realizing the time I have to do things, how many things I want to do and figuring out what I really want to focus on. I can't do it all. And like Eastwood said, "man has got to know his limitations".

I am not getting younger and I can do some things with a modicum of skill (like shotgun) and others I have struggled with for years and still can't get the hang of it (like pistol). I used to shoot Trap years ago and though I wasn't in the money, I enjoyed the heck out of it and I did improve as I shot more. I can't say the same about pistol shooting. I'd like to also try my hand at Sporting Clays.

So, I will sell my pistol, maybe the reloading gear and spend those proceeds on a decent O/U and play where I smiled the most!

I'll still have my 1911 in 9 mm if I want to go to the range and shoot a little. And I might just load up my 3K rounds or so first, then sell the equipment.:)

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Thanks. It's nothing bad. Just realizing the time I have to do things, how many things I want to do and figuring out what I really want to focus on. I can't do it all. And like Eastwood said, "man has got to know his limitations".

Well, that is awesome then! I tend to spread myself thin at times as well, so I understand the dilemma.

BTW, I went out with a buddy and did some Sporting Clay shooting, and I have to admit that it was one of the better times I have had this past year with a gun.

As always, all the best of luck to you man...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OP, don’t I remember you mentioning a Q5? Honestly you will take a beating selling handguns and ARs in this market. I suggest you keep the gun and reloading equipment. They don’t eat anything. Big 9mm 1911, Glock and Walther PPQ fan here! As a pistol guy you really should keep a 1911 and a higher capacity polymer gun in the stable.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    OP, don’t I remember you mentioning a Q5? Honestly you will take a beating selling handguns and ARs in this market. I suggest you keep the gun and reloading equipment. They don’t eat anything. Big 9mm 1911, Glock and Walther PPQ fan here! As a pistol guy you really should keep a 1911 and a higher capacity polymer gun in the stable.

Yeah I bought this past fall thinking I would use it for IDPA.

I get it that they don't "eat anything" and I agree I should keep it. If I can't get a decent price for it, I will.

Been thinking of looking at the G19 for a CC pistol. If it's not too large, I may sell my Shield and use that for carry. Then if I decided to ever shoot some action pistol I could shoot with the gun I carry.

The 1911 is too heavy for me to want to carry. :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    PPQ doesn’t eat anything, but when loaded properly will shoot. I have hit 8” plates out to about 80 yards.

Glock 26 is a fine carry gun. Truth is I like my G26 better then my G19. There is a PPQ compact now as well.

Top Bottom