• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Wow... if that doesn't make you want to work out and do some shooting I don't know what would... if I could integrate firearms into my PT then I'd be more likely to do it more often for longer periods of time!

But I have to agree with those above, that whole upside down sit up situation looked a little too "high speed" for me....;) (Aside from the fact that I don't know if I could even do an upside down sit up right now haha)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Dang...That's pretty good. Those upside down sit ups look a little dangerous, the muzzle seems awful close to his face.

He always keeps his finger off the trigger after each shot when he does the sit ups and has the muzzle that close to his face.
    I seen previous videos of his training, most of the stuff he does look a bit dangerous but are as safe as it can be.
    Like when he shoots targets at point blank while holding the target with his other hand.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow... if that doesn't make you want to work out and do some shooting I don't know what would... if I could integrate firearms into my PT then I'd be more likely to do it more often for longer periods of time!

But I have to agree with those above, that whole upside down sit up situation looked a little too "high speed" for me....;) (Aside from the fact that I don't know if I could even do an upside down sit up right now haha)

I agree, I just did some sit ups in my gym after I found this video (without my gun). :D
    It sounds wise to work on your sit ups and your shooting separately before you can get good enough at both to do both at the same time.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    He always keeps his finger off the trigger after each shot when he does the sit ups and has the muzzle that close to his face.
    I seen previous videos of his training, most of the stuff he does look a bit dangerous but are as safe as it can be.
    Like when he shoots targets at point blank while holding the target with his other hand.

Do you personally know this guy or just watched his videos? Don't mean to be a noob, but his name doesn't mean anything to me. :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do you personally know this guy or just watched his videos? Don't mean to be a noob, but his name doesn't mean anything to me. :)

No I never met him in person, I wish.
    Im planning to go to one of his classes when I get the money.
    He offers some great training classes from what I could see in some videos.
    He has a training center and writes articles in a couple of magazines (Black Belt Magazine and SWAT magazine I think) about firerarms, self defense and martial arts in general.
    This video was mainly show off but he knows what he's talking about.

I didnt know he was a INGOer too. :)

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Rob is a good guy, hosted him a few years back, and have shot with him at several training conferences. I think when I hosted him, we ran about 1700 rounds per person in 2 days. It was a crazy amount of shooting, but fortunately a really strong group of guys and ladies showed up so we were able to cover a ton of material.

As far as shooting while working out, I think this is probably best left to those with a very highly developed set of pistol manipulations, and in fairly good shape. It's way to easy to lose control over the pistol or trigger finger if both of those are not in place.

On a side note, I have had great luck doing dry fire reps during rest periods between sets. I have also recently been toying with the idea of the SIRT pistol trainer to use during workouts (saw that posted and discussed on another forum).

Tinman....

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I mean that was really impressive to watch but broke all sorts of range rules and if he really is an instructor, I don't know if that is how he should be presenting things out on video. Pointing muzzles up range, one handed manipulation but to each their own.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Keep in mind that there is a big difference between "range rules" and the "4 firearms safety rules".

When reloading upside down, how did he know he didn't want to "destroy" what he was pointing his muzzle at when he never looked in that direction?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When reloading upside down, how did he know he didn't want to "destroy" what he was pointing his muzzle at when he never looked in that direction?

I dont see anything unsafe in what he does.
    He does lots of advanced shooting techniques and things that the average shooter would think are not safe when they are.
    For training purpose, when he does contact shooting, he sometimes has to shoot without looking where his muzzle is pointed.
    In that case a range safety officer will check where the muzzle is pointed and will tell if its safe to shoot or not.
    In that particular video he shoes great trigger discipline so I see nothing unsafe. :dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

General muzzle awareness is a "4 rule", not necessarily a "range rule" like 'keep all muzzles pointed down-range'.

As the shooter he is indeed responsible to keep his muzzle from sweeping anything he isn't willing to destroy. However, in the real world, this is a physical impossibility. This is why the "4 rules" have redundancy built in to them, like "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire".

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    General muzzle awareness is a "4 rule", not necessarily a "range rule" like 'keep all muzzles pointed down-range'.

As the shooter he is indeed responsible to keep his muzzle from sweeping anything he isn't willing to destroy. However, in the real world, this is a physical impossibility. This is why the "4 rules" have redundancy built in to them, like "keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire".

I guess that was my point, in what is obviously a show off video and not a combative training or real life "simulation" I guess I would prefer my training instructors to show a little more regard for what we are suposed to be teaching. I am not one of those that believe it can always be done by the book but when presenting a video to the main stream you should try and show a little more attention to detail.

I wish I could do half of that with our without a gun, it was impressive just a bit too show offish and unnecessary for me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess that was my point, in what is obviously a show off video and not a combative training or real life "simulation" I guess I would prefer my training instructors to show a little more regard for what we are suposed to be teaching. I am not one of those that believe it can always be done by the book but when presenting a video to the main stream you should try and show a little more attention to detail.

I wish I could do half of that with our without a gun, it was impressive just a bit too show offish and unnecessary for me.

What more attention to details do you need?
    There are warnings saying that you shouldnt do that unless you are as trained as he is.
    This in not an instructional video and he's not teaching that to his students nor is he doing it in front of his students.
    He shows what can be done with his level of training and he does it safely in my opinion.
    Yes that's clearly show off but that's the good kind of show off.The one that makes you want to workout more and spend more time at the range to be able to do what he does one day. :)

Top Bottom