• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Just keep showing up and make them fire her. Collect unemployment and ding their account.
    I don't think you can draw unemployment in this case. My daughter is facing mandatory vax at her work, and she plans to stay until fired, but doesn't sound like she'll be eligible for unemployment. Maybe suddenly make some real stupid mistakes and get fired for that instead? ;)

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I don't think you can draw unemployment in this case. My daughter is facing mandatory vax at her work, and she plans to stay until fired, but doesn't sound like she'll be eligible for unemployment. Maybe suddenly make some real stupid mistakes and get fired for that instead? ;)
    Unemployment is not available if you are fired "for cause". This would be something that approximates insubordination, so it would be a cause for firing.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It will be the long game to collect but there will likely be litigation and recovery of unemployment funds may occur a long time later.

In the OP's particular case she would not be getting fired for not taking the vaccine (an FDA approved vaccine now). Instead she would be fired for not taking a biweekly test that goes against their own protocols for patients and is not something recommended by the CDC.

Remember too that the OPs employer may be severely understaffed and that things may fall through the cracks. If an employer doesn't timely protest a claim then it ends up getting paid and dings their experience rating.

In either case I would not spend the UC money until I had it in my hands and was sure the state wasn't going to ask for it back.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    just stinks that those who showed up and worked as much as possible when this first started, and were so essential, are now disposable. i know it's the way most workplaces are nowadays, but they certainly aren't going to retain many good employees that way. Those of us who care(d) about our jobs and performance are getting sick of it. Seems pointless now...

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Unemployment is not available if you are fired "for cause". This would be something that approximates insubordination, so it would be a cause for firing.
    Indiana is a hard one to fight. My wife fired a front office staff that was stealing money here and there and conducting interviews for other jobs during work hours we fought it but she still got it.

shantyshaker12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2021
    Warsaw
    So my wife’s work issued a letter today that anyone who is unvaccinated must get tested twice per week, and must fill out a protocol sheet daily. Vaccinated employees need not follow any of these measures. They have not mandated the vaccine, but have issued a policy treating vaccinated and unvaccinated employees differently. My wife does not want the vaccine. She had COVID and recovered. She sees no benefit to the vaccine for her at this point.

My main issues with this…
    1. This does not account for employees who have contracted covid and have recovered naturally.
    2. This policy ignores the fact that the CDC has stated that even fully vaccinated people can still contract the virus and can spread it.
    3. The policy seems to discriminate against employees based on vaccination status.

We have already talked about finding a different job, but she has worked there for a long time and would prefer not to find another job. She will if necessary though.

I guess I’m looking for options to keep her at her job without being treated like she is a walking disease. Any thoughts on what recourse we have would be appreciated.

I’m sure this thread will derail at some point. This is INGO after all. But if you want to debate vaccines and treatments, there are plenty of threads for that.
    See this website for help: https://lc.org/exempt

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Just wondering.......if your employer decides to mandate birth control shots or no job, would that be just cause for termination? I mean after all, cant the employer mandate it and you either take birth control or find a new job?

How about checking employees for STD's.......since that is a safety issue for other employees. How about if a person is HIV+ they can't have a job either?

Does this sound ridiculous? Well it should.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Something else that I was thinking....Biden is mandating you get jabbed, and just a matter of time before he mandates your children and grand children get jabbed. But he has zero problem not mandating jabs for the 44,000,000 people who get food stamps every month, 5,200,000 people who get free or subsidized housing.

I do not like the biased view. If the lady working at the local SNAP office is mandated to get it, I think it is only fair the person she is serving and helping should be required to get it as well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Something else that I was thinking....Biden is mandating you get jabbed, and just a matter of time before he mandates your children and grand children get jabbed. But he has zero problem not mandating jabs for the 44,000,000 people who get food stamps every month, 5,200,000 people who get free or subsidized housing.

I do not like the biased view. If the lady working at the local SNAP office is mandated to get it, I think it is only fair the person she is serving and helping should be required to get it as well.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, but isn't SNAP managed at a state level?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, but isn't SNAP managed at a state level?
    It may be administered at a state level, but it is budgeted as a Federal item. SNAP is considered a welfare item for the Fed. budget. https://fortunly.com/statistics/welfare-statistics/#gref Kind of amazing how much of our US Budget goes to social stuff.

Now don't get me wrong. I have nothing against anyone getting SNAP and such......I really don't. Some people depend on that to get thru a month.....and a lot of them are hard working people. I am not being judgmental of people in need. I mean 1 in 6 in this country need help, and I try to help people all I can myself. Wasnt that long ago I needed that same help.

All I am saying is if you are gonna mandate all government employees, nurses, any employer over 100, blah, blah, blah......you need to make the rubber meet the road and make those who take from the government play by the same rules.

OP, I am sorry for the hi jack. Guess I took your train off the tracks. Sorry bout that....but this is INGO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A) That conspiracy theory isn't even worth acknowledging.
    B) Are there any members of Congress who haven't got vaxxed? (lemme guess - Boebert)
    C) Looks like you're wrong: https://www.postaltimes.com/postalnews/update-on-required-covid-vaccines-for-postal-workers/
    A) if it’s so ludicrous it should be quick and easy.

B) Whether they are or they aren’t, it doesn’t change the rules for the not for me principle of it.

C) A news article about a tweet. But you have no problem declaring peoples sources not worthy for posting tweets. And the article kinda proves that it isn’t included in the mandate, it just falls under osha jurisdiction. At first, White House officials said they were exempt, then flipped it later. Kinda proved his point.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yeah, just a little something to go with the postal carriers mandate. My letter carrier told me they have union protection where this mandate will essentially get him 45-60 days of paid vacation. How you may ask? Look at letter carrier unions contract. He explained it to me this way and this is his intentions....he will not get vaccine, they will discipline him, then they will suspend him with paid leave while he appeals it. This process allows 45 days paid leave, in which he will be getting paid his full check every week. They will then probably terminate him after 2 months. He will then get all his vacation pay, sick pay and any other PTO he has accumulated. He will then apply for FMLA and take his 12 weeks off, instead of termination.

He figures they will be paying him for at least 10-12 weeks of "vacation"......and he done has another job lined up for while they are appealing, so really he will be getting double pay. He said he hates carrying mail in winter anyway, lol. Said if mandate is not resolved by Spring, he will just wait and re-hire with them once china flu drama is gone. This guy has done had china flu 2 times in last 6 months...I don't much think he cares.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    241879065_5001428823205882_6150795696047030568_n.png

Imagine the outcry if Pres. Biden instead called for companies greater than 100 employees mandate body fat restrictions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Canadian first responders seem to be unhappy with their mandate.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, just a little something to go with the postal carriers mandate. My letter carrier told me they have union protection where this mandate will essentially get him 45-60 days of paid vacation. How you may ask? Look at letter carrier unions contract. He explained it to me this way and this is his intentions....he will not get vaccine, they will discipline him, then they will suspend him with paid leave while he appeals it. This process allows 45 days paid leave, in which he will be getting paid his full check every week. They will then probably terminate him after 2 months. He will then get all his vacation pay, sick pay and any other PTO he has accumulated. He will then apply for FMLA and take his 12 weeks off, instead of termination.

He figures they will be paying him for at least 10-12 weeks of "vacation"......and he done has another job lined up for while they are appealing, so really he will be getting double pay. He said he hates carrying mail in winter anyway, lol. Said if mandate is not resolved by Spring, he will just wait and re-hire with them once china flu drama is gone. This guy has done had china flu 2 times in last 6 months...I don't much think he cares.
    And there's still a few people that think that unions are good for society...

Top Bottom