• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Watched Hawaii 5-0 for a bit. The newer version. All the guns are crazy there but one instance had a crew outside a barber shop I think. They were popping full auto sub guns which had lots of ammo.

Then I back it up because one guy lifts up over a car and blasts out a stream of bullets while he is holding the bottom of the pistol grip. Nowhere near the trigger... yet they CGI'd the flame from the barrel and added all the sounds.

CGI is great, but people should know a little about guns before they start adding stuff like that. Heck in doctor shows they make them at least sound competent.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's a pretty safe assumption that most everything seen and/or "learned" about firearms in movies is wrong.

Capacity, noise, recoil, accuracy, terminal effects, etc. mostly wrong.

It's getting something about it right that's the exception.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Cover of Crank 2
    Beretta 92 but the barrel's recessed into the front of the slide. It's just irking to scroll through a page and see it.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    CGI is great, but people should know a little about guns before they start adding stuff like that.

Wasn't there a scene in Ant Man where they post-process'd a hammer onto the back of a Glock 17? Such that the hero can thwart the bad guy by blocking the firing pin with his ... Ant Powers, or something.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Not guns, but, It irks me no end when you can tell they are using night vision by the green glow of the lenses.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Once on Walker, Texas Ranger, he blew up a Chevy Blazer, massive fireball, and the Blazer rolled over onto it's top, with one shot from his S&W Model 29.
    I really want one of those "blow up a car with one shot" guns

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I really "go off" when the Hollywood stupids show a person blowing backwards through a plate glass window after being shot with a 12ga shotgun that was loaded by jacking the slide one handed. Wife gets tired of me pointing this out- it drives her crazy. 1st law of physics- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, but the shooter never gets their arm blown off.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Once on Walker, Texas Ranger, he blew up a Chevy Blazer, massive fireball, and the Blazer rolled over onto it's top, with one shot from his S&W Model 29.

I have two model 29's. I am still searching for the ammo that does it. Neither of mine have done anything like that with any of the ammo I have found.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Perhaps my age is showing. Commando is my favorite Ahhhnuld flick and in my top 5 for sure. It's almost as full of 80's cheese as Big Trouble in Little China.

Childhood in the 80's was phenomenal

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    So not to detail the OP...I watched a Brad Pitt movie titled Killing Me Softly a few years ago. I specifically recall a horrible 360 slo mo spin on Brangelina firing blanks. The crimped cases appeared to be the highlight of the scene. It was all around silly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Yeah, like a 44 magnum is going to do that. Everyone knows that a 1911 in 45 acp is the only handgun for that sort of thing. ;)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Perhaps my age is showing. Commando is my favorite Ahhhnuld flick and in my top 5 for sure. It's almost as full of 80's cheese as Big Trouble in Little China.

Childhood in the 80's was phenomenal

I bought Commando recently and like it. The one liners are awesome. Big Trouble in Little China is probably my favorite John Carpenter movie, second maybe to They Live.

Someone mentioned the Glock with the hammer in Ant Man...

Antman-hammer-glock-1.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    A huge peeve of mine is police snipers in movies and on television. Among the other errors, the one where the sniper says he is in position when he's just standing in a room with the rifle completely unsupported looking out a window (or off a roof) kills me. Have fun with that for the next seven hours, jackass.

The other big one is running around with an AR that has no rear sight. I hear that was a thing in the Walking Dead (which I haven't seen since the first season), it's also in The Texas Killing Fields.

Top Bottom