• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I see recommendations for the best SHTF handgun, and I often think, aren't many modern handguns quite reliable? They just have to work, and you just have to be comfortable with them.

Ease of repair and the easy availability of parts and ammo would be desirable -- of course, in SHTF situation you should assume there are no gun stores or online order places. You have to have everything you need right in your possession.

So I think a more challenging question is: what's the worst SHTF handgun? (Antiques are not allowed!)

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Another thing to think about is ammo for the handgun, I'd stay away from anything not in .22 lr, 9mm, .40 s&w, .45 acp

For brands my vote goes to hi-point :)

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I'd say the worst SHTF handgun is the one that goes *click* when you expect it to go *bang*.

any weapon that doesnt hold more than one round?

I am with these guys, A gun that is either a single shot or a flat out broken gun. If it doesn't work, it probably isn't the best SHTF gun.

But on the that same note, if a gun is reliable for you and goes bang everytime... What makes that a bad gun? If you got one of the "less than reliable" firearms, but it works for you everytime... What makes that a bad gun?

:dunno:

Top Bottom