• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He made the right decision in my opinion. If he would have tried to grab the gun things would have escalated. It's not worth being a hero over a little money. On another note that's why you should always carry with a round in the chamber.

I wouldn't do that to protect someone else's money.But it would be tempting to disarm him to take a gun away from a criminal.
    What if he got involved in a shooting with the police after he left the store? Assuming he noticed the gun was not chambered properly.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    I wouldn't do that to protect someone else's money.But it would be tempting to disarm him to take a gun away from a criminal.
    What if he got involved in a shooting with the police after he left the store? Assuming he noticed the gun was not chambered properly.

There is always what if's. Police get paid to deal with things like this.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    While it would have been tempting to try to disarm him, depending on the jam it you risk it going into battery during the struggle. Based on the clerks reaction this probably isn't the first time this has happened and it probably isn't in the best neighborhood.

The robber must have robbed KFC before and had chicken grease on his fingers because he sure did have a hard time racking the slide. His apparent inexperienced makes me question if he had the right ammunition in the gun. "Yo dawg I need boolits for my gat". What caliber sir? "uhhh it be a Glock"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    maybe the J J salesman should have watch more Jackie Chan movies on how to disassemble a weapon if a flash.
    Looking down a barrel of a 9mm. That salesman is mister COOL in my opinion.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If one is to attempt a disarm, the only way to do it would be if you are trained to do it. The training is based on disarming a loaded/functioning gun. The training plan is for the gun to possibly go bang and not be in front of the muzzle.

Pointing the gun that close to one's head does present a very good oportunity to disarm though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Assuming the cashier was unarmed he made all the right moves. Chances are good that his knowledge on firearms is equal to our thief. Neither of them probably noticed the malfunction. And even if the malfunction was detected an attempt to disarm couldve ended in the indirect harm of an innocent ( bullet through the roof, wall, floor, etc). If our cashier was armed i dont see any reason an equal reaction, gun to the face, would be considered a bad shoot.

The way the thief shoves the muzzle in the cashiers face makes my blood boil.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think this is the issue that many have overlooked.

If the gun goes into battery, and goes off, during the disarm then by that time it wouldn't be pointed at your face anymore.
    The fact that the gun is out of battery just gives you the assurance that the gun won't go off during the half second it takes you to grab it.
    Then once you have a hold of the gun you need to treat it as a loaded gun, control the direction of the muzzle and such.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Has it been established that the gun is out of battery or did the guy induced a double feed? It kinda looks like it was already chambered and he racked the slide, but because he covered the ejection when trying to rack the slide like a boss, it looks like he prevented the round from ejecting and now it's stuck in line to the bore.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Has it been established that the gun is out of battery or did the guy induced a double feed? It kinda looks like it was already chambered and he racked the slide, but because he covered the ejection when trying to rack the slide like a boss, it looks like he prevented the round from ejecting and now it's stuck in line to the bore.

That's a little much to expect the sandwich guy to assess as the gun is pointed in his face.

I'll stick with my: "I ain't grabbing the gun" assessment.

Top Bottom