May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    wellbye.gif

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I may stop on the way home for a pizza this week and shake this man's hand! With all the robberies, thefts, burglaries, etc. going on in Richmond lately, this was bound to happen. Maybe the scumbags will hear about this and take notice, robbery is a very dangerous occupation.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    Best Pizza place in Richmond bar none. It's a little mom and pop place on the southside of Richmond- just carry out/delivery, if you've never been,and are in the area- stop in.
    Glad to see that owner, or none of the girls were hurt. I hate to see that the nice man who always waits on me had to take someones life in the defense of his own, but I'd hate it alot worse to see his picture in the paper with the words "Murder Victim" in the caption.
    I wondered about such a scenerio a while back when picking-up a pizza- they don't accept debit/credit cards, and are always busy the couple of days a week they are open. That equated to a lot of cash on hand to me, and I'm honest.
    What a shame, Richmond was a nice place when I was a kid, and I'm not even 40!

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    Glad to hear he was the shop owner - at least he wont be fired for defending himself.

That always pissed me off. Basically, they say it would be cheaper for the company if you to die on the job instead of the family of the robber suing us in civil court. Just remember, here at pizza inc. our bottom line is worth more than you life.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the judges in these cases had the sense to throw these suits out. Just say, the guy made a wrong and bad decision that cost him his life and the defendant is not at fault.

/rant

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The one thing that gripes me about the story, toward the end, it refers to the criminal as the "victim" who was taken to the hospital where he died. EXCUSE ME? But was not the victim of the crime the man who shot in self-defense!?! Would not the criminal be alive this evening if he had chosen not to victimize the pizza place? WTF is the matter with these reporters?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only victims were the folks being robbed. I guess you could say the thug was a victim of his own stupidity, but that's pretty much the case for any thug that dies in the line of crime.

Last edited:

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I agree with Trapper Dave...good riddance to bad rubbish!

The store owner should receive a letter of appreciation for saving taxpayer dollars too.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The one thing that gripes me about the story, toward the end, it refers to the criminal as the "victim" who was taken to the hospital where he died.

yeah, I saw that too. Quite annoying. Was the alleged robber allegedly shot by the employee, or was the alleged robber shot by the employee. Dang journalists.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    From what the paper has posted online, the BG was shot 3 times in chest/hip area while standing inside at the counter, while sporting a ski mask and gloves- Sounds pretty clear cut to me.

Top Bottom