• Total voters

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I say less tazer and more gun.

Too many people on this planet anyway.

Todays problem child, tomorrows criminal.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I am still unclear weather it was a stun gun or a tazer depends on what media source you check. The child was not armed and the child was a 10 year old child not a large teen or oversized tween. There will not be any action by the prosecutor that has already been decided no charges are filed.

Prosecutor to announce possible charges against cops in stun gun incident

Fox shows gun here but I don't know the difference? They call it a stun gun in one breath and a tazer in the next but it's really not relavant.

No Charges for Martinsville Officers -- WXIN
    It most likely was a Taser, I have never seen an LEO carry a stun gun. The Taser has the ability to be used as a stun gun. The technique is called a drive stun.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If they would of went hands on and broke knucle heads arm the same people would be beotching.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The taser can be deployed at a distance using the prongs, which results in the incapacitation everyone is use to seeing on cops and other shows. The taser can also be deployed in a drive stun mode, with the cartridge removed, in a pain compliance mode.

Thinking that only an adult can harm or kill you is a poor tactical mind set. This mind set can make you question yourself prior to protecting yourself or others and result in the wrong side winning.

He is just a 10 yr old:

Westside Middle School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Jonesboro School Shooting 11 yr old one of the shooters)

CrownHeights.info » Racially Motivated Gang Assault by 10-year-olds, Police Brush it off

8-Year-Old Gang-Raped by 4 Boys (10 yr old involved)

Osceola 10-year-old accused of school assault with knife - Orlando Sentinel

Last edited:

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    The taser can be deployed at a distance using the prongs, which results in the incapacitation everyone is use to seeing on cops and other shows. The taser can also be deployed in a drive stun mode, with the cartridge removed, in a pain compliance mode.

He is just a 10 yr old:

Westside Middle School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Jonesboro School Shooting 11 yr old one of the shooters)

CrownHeights.info » Racially Motivated Gang Assault by 10-year-olds, Police Brush it off

8-Year-Old Gang-Raped by 4 Boys (10 yr old involved)

Osceola 10-year-old accused of school assault with knife - Orlando Sentinel

Ok but none of those are relevant to the situation. One 10 year old not armed two full grown men. He didn't have a gun or a knife and was not with 3 others in a gang rape. He was kicking screaming and spitting. Do I really have to make a video or post pictures on how to restrain a 10 year old with two adults? Seriously?

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    I have a 4 year daughter, and I would be upset if she were ever tazed. But I have personally known a few kids that while very young were able to get away with everything short of murder as their parents just didn't care.

Disabilities aside, the notion that there should be some minimum age for tazing/stunning is as absurd as hoping that these kids will abide by the rules without exception.

If it came down to my daughter being incapacitated by a stun versus being bruised/scraped while they attempted to detain her with good old fashioned physical force, I'd choose the stun. As a matter of fact, if I felt threatened by her enough that forcible compliance was required, I might taze her myself. Not because I can't "handle her", but because I want the situation over with the least collateral damage possible.

I love her dearly, and would be pretty confused as to what led to this scenario, but all that aside, respect for authority was something that I was taught growing up and something that I'm instilling in her. You may not agree with the authority, or the person wielding it, but out of respect for the authority, you comply and allow it to be handled through the proper channels.

IMHO, there is a terrible case of precious snowflake syndrome blowing across this nation convincing parents that their children are always in the right and infinitely defensible. Sometime as parents, you have to accept the fact that your kids are more like you than you would like to admit. :-)

I often think of that scene in Hoosiers where the two players disrespect the coach and he ejects them from the practice/team. One of the dads drags his son back to the school and watches him apologize, assuring the coach that he won't be any more trouble if allowed to continue to play. That kid probably didn't agree with his dad at the time, and he might have hated that coach, but there's a proper way to voice your discontent and a proper way to handle one's self.

Maybe I'm too nostalgic...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You go hands on...things get broken. Not always but it is not unusual nor intentional. I am not clear but did the kid receive injuries as a result of the drive stun? I am not saying they should or should not (I was not there) have deployed the taser. What I am asking is "Was the disturbance ended quickly and without injury?" Is that not the goal? What would have happened if the kid was fighting hard enough that when the officers grabbed him, he broke an appendage. Seen it happen. THAT makes for a good news story. Gues no one here has had a stranger's kid spit on you, kick you in the balls, or bite you. Fun stuff and it isn't even your kid.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You go hands on...things get broken. Not always but it is not unusual nor intentional. I am not clear but did the kid receive injuries as a result of the drive stun? I am not saying they should or should not (I was not there) have deployed the taser. What I am asking is "Was the disturbance ended quickly and without injury?" Is that not the goal? What would have happened if the kid was fighting hard enough that when the officers grabbed him, he broke an appendage. Seen it happen. THAT makes for a good news story. Gues no one here has had a stranger's kid spit on you, kick you in the balls, or bite you. Fun stuff and it isn't even your kid.
    From what I read as as soon as the kids was drive stunned he stopped acting like an ass. He was beating his own head on a concrete porch throwing a tantrum. When they attempted to stop him he began kicking and biting them and spitting on them. Should they have tased him? Meh...who knows. I wasn't there to see what all went on. All I have to rely on is media reports. :rolleyes: To me it would have depended on his size and how great the possibility of injuring him by going hands on.

It could have all been avoided if toothless meth-head mothers wouldn't have their kids taken away and put in foster homes or if people would teach their heathen little brats how to behave and take care of the problem rather than call the po-po.

If my kid had bitten , kicked and spit on people...they never would have had the chance to tase him. I'd have beaten his ass before they got there. If my kid had been banging his head on a concrete porch he'd have either stopped when he realized the tantrum was doing him no good or when he knocked himself out. No reason to call for outside help. :twocents:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Ok but none of those are relevant to the situation. One 10 year old not armed two full grown men. He didn't have a gun or a knife and was not with 3 others in a gang rape. He was kicking screaming and spitting. Do I really have to make a video or post pictures on how to restrain a 10 year old with two adults? Seriously?

Name one house in America where weapons of some type are not present, and I guarantee that at least two firearms were accessible to the 10 yr old during the incident. Remember that anytime someone fights the police there is a firearm present.

You can make assumption on what occurred during the incident, but unless you were there, you are convicting these officers on the information the media has fed you. Do movies always follow the book they are based on?

Just because a police chief and a mayor say they did something wrong, does not mean the officers acted incorrectly. They could have only acted against what a political figure believe may get them re-elected.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Name one house in America where weapons of some type are not present, and I guarantee that at least two firearms were accessible to the 10 yr old during the incident. Remember that anytime someone fights the police there is a firearm present.

You can make assumption on what occurred during the incident, but unless you were there, you are convicting these officers on the information the media has fed you. Do movies always follow the book they are based on?

Just because a police chief and a mayor say they did something wrong, does not mean the officers acted incorrectly. They could have only acted against what a political figure believe may get them re-elected.
    What????? Fellow gun enthusiasts taking media reports at face value? For shame :nono:.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I'm not sure that is enough Taser for some 10yr olds. I have a nephew that was that younger then that when he broke a solid wood bed frame and damaged a solid popular door in my home when he threw a tantrum and tried to assault some other guests one New Year's Eve. I'm 6' 275# and there is no way I could have physically subdued him without one or both of us going to the ER and me to jail. A Taser and several rolls of duct tape would have been a much better approach.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

I guess my "assumption" is they are a couple of pussies. If you can't handle being hit or kicked by a CHILD you have no business being a cop.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    So if I have a 10 year old child (which I do) and this child got unruly and I can't deal with it and slap the child which doesn't work so I follow up with a stun gun knocking the child silly with however many thousands of volts and it was made public would I go to jail?

Spank his butt, be consistent in your efforts and not inconsistent nor childish in your own life.
    Gain his respect by punishing A N D loving him.

Sounds like you need to grow up yourself if your own child makes you mad enough to taze him. He is out of control b/c you let it happen and were not a consistent enough individual in his A N D your own life to be a role model.

Grow up buddy, don't let the kid in up a ward of the state. It won't be his fault, it'll be yours.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Spank his butt, be consistent in your efforts and not inconsistent nor childish in your own life.

Sounds like you need to grow up yourself if your own child makes you mad enough to taze him. He is out of control b/c you let it happen and were not a consistent enough individual in his A N D your own life to be a role model.

Grow up buddy, don't let the kid in up a ward of the state. It won't be his fault, it'll be yours.

I really think you missed the op's point.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    that door swings both ways !
    You can make assumption on what occurred during the incident, but unless you were there, you are convicting these officers on the information the media has fed you. Do movies always follow the book they are based on

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I really think you missed the op's point.
    Not by far he didn't. If you look at the big picture...had this kid been raised properly...this wouldn't have been an issue.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not by far he didn't. If you look at the big picture...had this kid been raised properly...this wouldn't have been an issue.

If my memory serves me correctly, What no one has posted yet is that the kid was mildly retarded.

I'm not at my pc, so I can't dig up the facts but that's was stuck in my head for some reason.

I have been around a few group homes of austic kids and frankly they scare me.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If my memory serves me correctly, What no one has posted yet is that the kid was mildly retarded.

I'm not at my pc, so I can't dig up the facts but that's was stuck in my head for some reason.

I have been around a few group homes of austic kids and frankly they scare me.
    I heard toothless meth-head mom make that claim on the news last night. Doesn't really change things. When I worked for the fire department I made numerous trips to a group home in the district when one or more of the kids housed there would beat the hell out of the staff.

These kids are generally overly aggressive and don't know when to stop. I recall one that hit the staff member so hard and so many times she had to have surgery to repair the fractured eye socket he caused. They actually had a cage in this group home staff could retreat to and lock themselves in if things got out of hand...if they could make it in time. This lady's retreat was not quick enough.

If this is the case...this may not have been your average 10 year old. Tasing him was probably the safest way to handle him...to prevent injury to him. But again...that's just speculation on my part not having been there. If I could honestly articulate the need to tase a 10 year old rather than risk injury to the kid...I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

I believe the police reports indicated that as soon as he was tased...this kid stopped his aggressive behavior. Leads me to believe he knew exactly what he was doing. But that's merely my opinion.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom