Would it be acceptable for NATO to come quell riots in the U.S.?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Would it be acceptable for NATO to come quell (or support) riots in the U.S.?
    [Substitute "NATO" for any other body of world government, the U.N., or any other super-power nation who justifies foreign intervention if it suits their interests.]
    What if they decided that we were living under a regime they didn't like? Or what if they supported the U.S. regime and had an interest in quelling our domestic protesters? What if they decided that the U.S. could not be trusted with WMDs?

Use your imagination. What if the tables turned on us someday? Would you welcome the foreign troops, air strikes, cruise missiles, no-fly-zones, and U.N. Peacekeepers on our soil? Would you rather our struggles and protests be dealt with domestically?

America is in financial ruin and may not continue to be the superpower it has been. Just something I was wondering about. How would it pan out if we were the ones being "assisted" by the World Police? It could happen in our lifetimes.

Of course, you'd be called a terrorist if you didn't support the foreign troops.
    P.S.: Don't open carry around them.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    it would be an act of war with the american people in my opinion. no foreign troops should ever be on american soil in an official capacity, even if its just to keep the peace. (im not talking about a forbidden topic, im just commenting about the nation who sent troops here, not the U.S. govt)

what I think is funny is that obama said the whole reason for going into lybia was because the govt was targeting civilians, but if a (forbidden topic) ever happened here, the U.S. govt would do the same thing.
    his logic is all twisted to fit what he wants to do.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If you look at what the Afghans have been able to accomplish with two superpower armies, then imagine the U.S., I have no fear of that ever happening in my or my child's lifetime.

Look at how many weapons, including military style weapons we have, including many, many people with military service in the best trained military to ever exist on the planet.

Just the sniping with hunting rifles would be enough to completely drive any foreign army completely nuts.

The two girls who babysit my daughter live across the street. One is 16 one is 17, they both have rifles in 7mm 08, one has killed a deer already, and deer out here are usually killed at 200 yards or more. Just driving a military column through my mild mannered neighborhood would result in losing half your number.

They can send all the French troops over here they want. They'll go right back, too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have sworn an oath, on three separate occasions, to support and defend the Constitution of the United states against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Foreign troops, armed and exerting force and/or control of US citizens would be interpreted as enemies regardless of the color of their helmets and would be treated as such.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    If you look at what the Afghans have been able to accomplish with two superpower armies, then imagine the U.S., I have no fear of that ever happening in my or my child's lifetime.

Look at how many weapons, including military style weapons we have, including many, many people with military service in the best trained military to ever exist on the planet.

Just the sniping with hunting rifles would be enough to completely drive any foreign army completely nuts.

The two girls who babysit my daughter live across the street. One is 16 one is 17, they both have rifles in 7mm 08, one has killed a deer already, and deer out here are usually killed at 200 yards or more. Just driving a military column through my mild mannered neighborhood would result in losing half your number.

They can send all the French troops over here they want. They'll go right back, too.

AHhhhhhhhh!!!!!.......the French!:laugh: The tinfoil is strong in this thread:ingo:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Even though it is probably a bogus quote from Isoroku Yamamoto, it is true.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not drawing any conclusions about who would win these engagements -- this is more of a discussion of where other countries' interests begin and ours end. A moral discussion about legitimacy of toppling other country's governments; about double standards; and about putting ourselves in the shoes of foreigners.

I'll also add that if the foreign troops were 'aiding' our own government in some capacity, many of the usual suspects would support their presence, and the media would put NATO in a positive light. The media spin would keep most of the sheep hating anyone who dares to 'protest' these events.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have sworn an oath, on three separate occasions, to support and defend the Constitution of the United states against all enemies, foreign or domestic. Foreign troops, armed and exerting force and/or control of US citizens would be interpreted as enemies regardless of the color of their helmets and would be treated as such.

:patriot:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I agree. I like this thread. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Our government wouldn't have a chance fighting against the main population of the United States. They are outnumbered something like 100:1. That is if nobody in the armed forces defected to the good side.

Even if you just put the armed forces up against rednecks, they are still outnumbered 20:1.

If there was some need for a foreign army to invade, they would be thrown out too.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Our government wouldn't have a chance fighting against the main population of the United States. They are outnumbered something like 100:1. That is if nobody in the armed forces defected to the good side.

Even if you just put the armed forces up against rednecks, they are still outnumbered 20:1.

Not just the rednecks. You know in LA, or DC, or Philly, the population would go all Blackhawk Down on 'em.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne

If there was some need for a foreign army to invade, they would be thrown out too.

Plus I'd like to think that the majority of our armed forces would not fire upon US citizens...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

:yesway::yesway:

Not just the rednecks. You know in LA, or DC, or Philly, the population would go all Blackhawk Down on 'em.

This is an interesting cultural discussion. In most of those areas, only the criminals are armed.

Do you really see the criminals taking on foreign soldiers? Or unarmed residents fighting them?

Top Bottom