• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yea, I use the congress.org deal, but I hope our people have our backs. Because registration is not necessary, and wont make criminals stop getting guns.

I would like to be able to use NICS for personal sales though.. How pissed would you be if you sold someone you didnt know a gun, and they robbed/killed someone with it.

As stated by BunnyKid if you can find a FFL to do it. But know this, it is my understanding that it is a very involved process for the FFL. They have to do paperwork inducting the gun into their inventory before making the background check and then keep records (you can't have a gun associated with your FFL un accounted for). If I am incorrect about the process of a FFL doing a background check for someone else then please correct me. On top of all that you would surly have to pay a fee.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As stated by BunnyKid if you can find a FFL to do it. But know this, it is my understanding that it is a very involved process for the FFL.

That's why they usually charge a fee to do it. They're businesses, not charities.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    As stated by BunnyKid if you can find a FFL to do it. But know this, it is my understanding that it is a very involved process for the FFL. They have to do paperwork inducting the gun into their inventory before making the background check and then keep records (you can't have a gun associated with your FFL un accounted for). If I am incorrect about the process of a FFL doing a background check for someone else then please correct me. On top of all that you would surly have to pay a fee.

Yea, but theres no reason I should have to pay 25 bucks to check someone.. Vetting the buyer is important to me, but not 25 bucks a check..

Anyone know the reason, or "reason" that FFL's have to keep a logbook?

This is part of what I would do to streamline the NICS checks. In the modern world, theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to just get online, enter someones info, and get a pass/fail. Doesnt have to be specific.

But making it that big a deal for FFL's to do it, and then they charge you for it.. Thats ridiculous.. Seems to me theres a better way. WITHOUT these stupid UBC

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's why they usually charge a fee to do it. They're businesses, not charities.

Joe Dirt
    00:42:58 ...l think all I got's like 450 bucks.
    00:43:01 This is a business, not a charity.
    00:43:03 Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the impound business...
    00:43:06 ...but until then, we're the people to see.
    00:43:10 I tell you what I could do. I could sell you a car for 450 bucks, but...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yea, but theres no reason I should have to pay 25 bucks to check someone.. Vetting the buyer is important to me, but not 25 bucks a check..

This is part of what I would do to streamline the NICS checks. In the modern world, theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to just get online, enter someones info, and get a pass/fail. Doesnt have to be specific.

But making it that big a deal for FFL's to do it, and then they charge you for it.. Thats ridiculous.. Seems to me theres a better way. WITHOUT these stupid UBC

Well, who do you think is willing to do work for free?

FFL's have to keep a log book because the government tells them they have too if they want to be an FFL

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, who do you think is willing to do work for free?

FFL's have to keep a log book because the government tells them they have too if they want to be an FFL

I dont blame them for charging.. Im saying, theres no reason you need to have an FFL call NICS to get a yes or no answer.

The logbook is BS, its probably just backhanded registration, and thats probably why they want you to have to go to an FFL to run a NICS check.. Because the FFL will have to log it.

All this **** gives me a headache... Leave it to gubment to make things so damn complicated.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My opinion is that we should stop enacting "preventive" law, and only create laws criminalizing behavior which harms other people. Want to kill yourself? Have at it - but don't take anyone else with you. Want to do drugs, drown yourself in alcohol? No problemo - but don't rob a drugstore to support your habit and don't kill someone else in an alcoholic or stoned stupor while you're operating heavy machinery or a motor vehicle. Committed a felony and did your time? Go to the nearest LGS upon completion of your sentence and buy yourself a new piece. If you use it to commit another crime, you either die or go back to prison.

All "preventive" laws do is create contempt for the law and make criminals of normally law-abiding citizens. Get rid of them (that would be about 99% of criminal law, probably).

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Stating what IS ....

.... does NOT make it right. The 2d amendment is a foundation-stone which cannot be moved. That we have "allowed" other impediments to be layered upon and around it may seem to you and many to disguise it, it will not go away or be moved.
    Many much better men that I am have bled and died to defend THE ENTIRE CONSTITUTION, but NOT the Executive Orders that have polluted its true meaning. IF any or all of MY blood is required in order to cleanse the Constitution, well, my several and distinct oaths sworn to the Constitution, Corps, Unit, Flag and Worthy Persons shall not be broken by either my actions or inactions.
    If only one, I stand ready NOT to kneel to any usurper or undocumented-tsar in charge. I am ready, Chesty! There will be NO COMPROMISE ALLOWED ON MY WATCH !!!
    We will soon have opportunity to clean-sweep the elected and appointed vermin OUT of power, and "... institute New Government, based UPON THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED ..." Are you ready to stand? Or will you kneel?
    I personally believe that there are points on which gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters have to compromise with the federal government and every other entity which wants to get involved.

I also believe we've already done that numerous times. We each have to have a background check when we purchase a firearm. Firearms dealers must be licensed by the ATF. We must buy stamps from the ATF for certain purchases. We had to live under the last AWB.

There has to be a line in the sand or else we're no better than the herd out there accepting every bit of b.s. the government decides to feed them.

WE all know that new gun control isn't going to do anything to stop criminals

WE all know that it won't make this country any safer.

WE all know that this is simply another in a long line of attacks on who we are and what we believe in at the very core of our beings.

I, for one, oppose ANY new legislation on gun control because it is simply another way to for the federal government to convince the herd that they are doing something to make things better. WE all know that it's nothing more.
    Neither I nor nearly ANYONE on these boards can be considered "The Herd;" I am re-stating WHAT WE ALL KNOW, just in case anyone has forgotten. Semper Fi!

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    LUDCO co. in Parker is still empty ....

.... and you coujld move over there to do bidniss. Your own way and rules-be-durned and all. But I hear that that place is sorta cursed, so Good Luck.
    Yea, but theres no reason I should have to pay 25 bucks to check someone.. Vetting the buyer is important to me, but not 25 bucks a check.. In the modern world, theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to just get online, enter someones info, and get a pass/fail. Doesnt have to be specific.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne

Although what bunnykid says is true, the reasoning behind it is traceability in the minds of legislators. If they find a gun used in the crime they can take the serial and call glock for example and go down the line from manufacturer to distributor to dealer. Then the dealer can look up in the logbook the serial and the name and info of who purchased it. Then they knock on a door and ask questions. If the gun has been through private hands without an FFL though they can only follow the trail so far.

As of current however there is no way for say an LEO to check if a specific individual has a gun. They can only go from a gun to an individual, not check if an individual has a gun. Registration would change that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Although what bunnykid says is true, the reasoning behind it is traceability in the minds of legislators. If they find a gun used in the crime they can take the serial and call glock for example and go down the line from manufacturer to distributor to dealer. Then the dealer can look up in the logbook the serial and the name and info of who purchased it. Then they knock on a door and ask questions. If the gun has been through private hands without an FFL though they can only follow the trail so far.

As of current however there is no way for say an LEO to check if a specific individual has a gun. They can only go from a gun to an individual, not check if an individual has a gun. Registration would change that.

That sounds like such a sweet deal.
    How about we do that with everything used to commit a crime then.
    If it just saves a child's life.
    Clothes, cars, glasses, shoes, baseball bats, knives, etc. \
    They're all used in crimes. Probably more stuff, that's just off the top of my head.
    Serial number them all.
    Everytime one is sold, log it with the government.
    BIG BROTHER.
    The ministry of truth.
    The ministry of peace.
    The whole 1984 thing.

Seems to me like it would be giving the prisoners the weapons in a jail. So they can keep track of them for the jailers.

The weapons are to protect us.... from people with ill intent.... including the government.
    It is NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
    If I wanted to be protected.. I would have stayed with Mommy and Daddy.

I know, you were saying that's what the government and many people think.
    I'm not being sarcastic towards you.

Top Bottom