would you be willing to do this to hunt land?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    If I hunted with a bow and was around that area I wouldn't mind at all; very reasonable stipulation to my mind.

Maybe they think he wants to keep tabs on them in case they shoot another hunter or poach.:tinfoil:

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    What I received indicated a desire for multiple visits per week during the season and as part of a group/team. I was hoping that I could schedule in a visit or maybe 2, but can't commit to the whole season given the distance, etc.

On top of that, I got vetoed by my better half, primarily due to the distance/time involved.

I apologize if I misled you both and thank you for the offer.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    as far as I understood, he is trying to have a hunter there as much as possible.. he has a lot of time & money in apples and wants to reduce the deer load.. since the deer live in the surrounding urban area they come in to feed..
    I have to drive an hour to get to my own land.. i just go out and camp for 10 days or so...

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    the problem is:

--The property is roughly 400 by 700 feet and the neighbors have not given their permission to pursue a deer onto their properties.

--The orchard has just been planted so it will be several years before there's fruit on the ground to attract the deer.

--No hunting will be allowed on weekends after 10 am and before 5 pm because people are harvesting firewood during those times.

I pulled this off CL, 400x700 without permission to cross into neighbor land to retrieve deer is pretty tight. Weekends are about all I have, sounds like some pretty limited hours. If I were close it might not matter so much.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    thanks for the feedback..

it would be up to the hunter to ask for chase permission, not the land owner.
    Deer eat young trees, if they didn't us tree growers would not care..

It sounds like a good offer, the wording made it sound like the neighbors specifically denied access to their property. I personally would not want to trespass to retrieve a deer and you just don't know how far they will travel. I have had perfect double lung shots travel 100 yds.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    since one of the "neighbors" is a 150+ acre corn field I doubt they would refuse chase permission...
    but that is the risks with hunting.. on my own land it is much larger, but one neighbor is actively anti-hunting.. so anyone hunting that side of my woods I tell them they must break the shoulders or risk losing the deer , because you won't get to recover it if it crosses the fence line..

not so easy with a bow..

Top Bottom