• Poll closed .

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't go any where without a pistol some where on me. It would be a good time to dress in your Civil War outfit and a 7 1/2 Colt SAA on your hip. No one will say a word about the gun but will ask loads of dumb questions about your dress if you are wearing green not blue or gray. Don't ask how I know!

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Trust me guys, this is all for the sake of relationship improvement. I AM NOT A DANCER, lol. I decided to put it in a small back pack I carried.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    I don't go any where without a pistol some where on me. It would be a good time to dress in your Civil War outfit and a 7 1/2 Colt SAA on your hip. No one will say a word about the gun but will ask loads of dumb questions about your dress if you are wearing green not blue or gray. Don't ask how I know!
    Did this last Friday. Came straight from Hartford City to dance class in full uniform. Had more people want to try my shell jacket on than I expected. Also I can't recommend the Cha Cha while wearing artillery boots.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If ya plan on dancing with any type of regularity, and you carry regularly, it's a good idea to learn how to carry while dancing, isn't it?

Well, then dance lessons are the perfect time / place to learn how to do this effectively.

For me, I carry a gun. I'm not disarming because I'm headed to the dance floor, or dressed in a tuxedo for some social event, or some other similar situation.

All it takes is some forethought, like carrying in any other situation.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If it was just me and my girl throughout the session, it wouldn't have crossed my mind. There was a lot of switching partners throughout...hmm maybe it would have actually turned some of the girls on if they realized they were dancing with a guy with a nice piece?

Dear Abby,

I recently met a guy at dance lessons. After I kept feeling a rather hard object on his side I came to realize he was carrying a handgun. I'm blushing and I don't really know what to say but...it turned me on.

Sincerely,
    'On the fence anti'

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Swing dancing with strangers. Sometimes we go places or involve ourselves in activities that make carrying impractical. Such as life. You were a USMC Sgt? I'm sure unarmed does not equate unprotected. I remember working a basketball tourney when a pistol went flying across the court, one of the players (legally of course) was carrying it. I don't carry while playing soccer, working out at the gym, visiting amusment parks and riding the rides, etc.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I vote that you find a way to carry securely. It might not be quite as accessible of a draw as you are used to, but the planning and practice means you are now doubling the benefit of dance lessons by learning another way to carry.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    For swing dancing, I would recommend thunderwear or off body carry. You won't be bending too much, and there shouldn't be much pelvic thrusting, so you should be good. I would avoid carrying on the hip or around your rear pockets. Hands go there all the time during swing dancing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    If there is any danger of an accident then you should figure out something better, dancing or not. Your carry method should retain the weapon even if struck by a car, so dancing should be safe enough.

As to how COMFORTABLE you would be depends on how big and heavy the gun is and/or how strenuous the dancing gets. The REAL concern is for your dance partner to realize that the weight that's been slapping their thigh ain't what they think it is........

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I couldn't do any vigorous dancing because reasons, but for what I could do, if any chick had a problem with my EDC, it would be on her. Bite the wax tadpole, yanno?

Top Bottom