• Would you carry in Illinois?

• Total voters

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As most of you know, Illinois does not accept any other states handgun licenses/permits. That being said, knowing you would be breaking the law, would you still carry in Illinois? You have to ask yourself if your livelihood is more valuable to you than following the rules.

I don't expect many responses (not many people want to incriminate themselves), but would appreciate it if you would at least vote on the poll.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Gun owners constantly claim to be among the most law-abiding. Either you are or you aren't. You can't pick and choose which laws you want to obey.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    A lot of people also claim that the right to bear arms is their GOD GIVEN right, and I was wondering how many people were serious about it.

You can't pick and choose which laws you want to obey.
    Not legally, no.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A lot of people also claim that the right to bear arms is their GOD GIVEN right, and I was wondering how many people were serious about it.

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that the statements are mutually exclusive. Until the law is overturned, it's still the law. By definition, if you ignore it you aren't "law-abiding".

Note that I'm not passing judgment on your decision to carry or not. Merely pointing out the discrepancy.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    By definition, if you ignore it you aren't "law-abiding".
    That's my point, and I thank you for making it very clear to people.

Note that I'm not passing judgment on your decision to carry or not. Merely pointing out the discrepancy.
    Thank you. I knew this would come up sooner than later and appreciate it not turning into a flaming or getting locked.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    In Peoples Republik of Illinois - NO WAY. I think the po-po can smell Hoppes No.9, and I have no desire to spend any time in Joliet. Those folks are WAY to far left for me to test my rights, God given or otherwise.

In Ohio, where the only difference is that I didn't spend a weekend sitting in a classroom and shooting a couple mags to get my permit - maybe. I think it's pretty hypocritical that my license isn't valid, but if I take a class for a state 1000 miles away and get their license, then I'm good.

I think with a good lawyer and the time and money, you could go to the mat using the 2a in Ohio and survive. No way in hell that'd happen in Illinois, though, particularly in northen IL/Cook Co.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I would "never" carry in IL.;)
    Its way to dangerous to go anywhere in the world without carrying.;)
    The key to "concealed" carry is concealed.

matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    I would never even consider carrying illegally. It's not worth breaking the law to carry an extra 1% of the time when faced with losing the ability to do so 100% of the time due to a felony firearms conviction.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it might incriminate me. That said, there are plenty of laws which I would not obey. I would never have obeyed the fugitive slave law, regardless of its status. I have disobeyed laws in regards to apartheid. Guess that means I'm an outlaw....I can live with that.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would and have carried in Illinois, but them I'm also not breaking any laws by doing so. I guess my vote doesn't add too much to this conversation.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I plead the 5th, look into that all you want... I am a lawful citizen though. O.K. you got me, when John Denver is playing I tend to drive a few ticks over 55mph, but only when Thank God I'm a Country Boy Breaks out into a fiddle solo! :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In Peoples Republik of Illinois - NO WAY....I think with a good lawyer and the time and money, you could go to the mat using the 2a in Ohio and survive. No way in hell that'd happen in Illinois, though, particularly in northen IL/Cook Co.

:orly:

ITN, I haven't looked at this site in a long time before today, however... of the 102 counties in IL, a whopping 91 have passed a pro-2A resolution. Of the other 11, six, including C(r)ook Co., have not had the cojones to put the resolution up for discussion. Five have failed to pass it, only one of which is in the Chicago area (Lake Co)

Illinois Pro 2A County by County Map

Clearly, the state legislature is paying attention only to " 'cago " (Spanish-speakers, feel free to translate this in your heads, but keep it clean if you post it ;))

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom