• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you open carry a ar-15 pistol pistol with a 3d printed lower you made?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So I sure many of you know about the safe, reliable 3d printed lowers being printed nowadays. For those of you who don't, SURPRISE! Anyway, here's the question;

Would you open carry a rifle caliber ar-15 pistol with a 3d printed lower you made at home?

Also technical details not withstanding, so please no questions about reliability, blah, blah. For this post, it's assumed you are legal able to carry, the gun is as safe to operate as a store bought gun, you have a holster for it, and the gun is 100% legal (yes homemade guns are legal).

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Yes, with one requirement: Given the payments my bank demands of me to live in their house, the payments the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis demand of me at gunpoint to stay on the land the bank's house occupies, the money required to heat, cool, water, etc. the bank's house and the 2 children whose daily care and futures depend on money that could otherwise be spent on such not-quite-so-essentials as a 3d printer and polymer "toners" to feed said printer, it has to be a donated manufactory.

I will supply the upper and PMAGs for my personal heater, and am willing to host a "printing party" (with Pizza Rolls!) followed by legal bearing of arms once the requisite funds have been donated to purchase the 3d printer and raw materials.

Last edited:

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    3d printers are getting nothing but better and more reliable. At this time I wouldn't carry one unless i had no other choice. I'd give 3d printing a few more years for better printers and stronger plastics to come out. Even then Nothing feels more reliable than a metal gun IMOP not to say plastic guns are bad or less reliable. Just my preference.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Never, I say NEVER! OC bacon. You will certainly be the first one shot, in order to steal your bacon.
    At least if I was in need of bacon.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting. I said yes, naturally. I figured a opened carried, rifle caliber "pistol" with no serial would be the biggest thing to make an officer give you the 3rd degree.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Let me paraphrase the OP, just to be sure I understand the assumptions:
    You are asking if I would open carry a legal, safe, and reliable handgun? Just because is it "different" than other, more common, legal, safe, and reliable handguns?

Why wouldn't I? Is it the fear that LE would hassle me, and possibly not understand the law?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    bacon-1024x754.jpg

Top Bottom