Would you let your child participate in this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm thinking I'd be giving the coach his choice of two answers:

1. No.
    2. Hell F***ING no
    I can relate to the idea of practicing out of the heat of the day, however the argument of "diversity" does not give cause for my kid to be up from ~2100 to ~1630 to allow for practice, then school. School-age kids aren't allowed to work at a job after a certain hour on school nights; why would I allow participation in an extracurricular activity during those hours? At least at a job, they're possibly learning a life skill.

Blessings,
    Bill

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Considering most of the team is Muslim I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm sure any non Muslim players on the team don't care.

We never had a night practice but I can tell you right now I think it would be fun. It's a great feeling to play under the lights.

It sounds like they have a pretty successful program.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    We had Muslim players on our HS teams. They just sucked it up for those practices/games. sometimes they wouldn't get to eat until close to midnight, but that was a sacrifice they wanted to make.

I doubt we'd not have any baseball games during lent so that Christians can fast.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    In that case, I don't have too much issue with it.

I would have rather practiced at night myself back in the day. I always did the 6 AM workouts when we were given the option.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    In that case, I don't have too much issue with it.

I would have rather practiced at night myself back in the day. I always did the 6 AM workouts when we were given the option.

We didn't have a choice. I could sure use a couple weeks of "two-a-days" and a team of coaches yelling at me to get me in shape!:D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The team is almost entirely Muslim. I wonder if their coach is as well. Its also Dearborn, MI, the largest Muslim community in the United States. If the team is cool with it, who really cares?

These guys don't practice during some holiday and Walter doesn't roll on Shabbos.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would say no.
    If it is their religon, then they need to practice the sacrifice that it calls for to appreciate it.

LOL!! Absolutely. This is just their way of skirting the law.

During Ramadan they sleep all day, then get up and party until dawn, then sleep all day again for a month. It's a hell of a good time.

My Dad was in the UAE working on a sheik's boat during Ramadan. He said it was a great time.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The team is almost entirely Muslim. I wonder if their coach is as well. Its also Dearborn, MI, the largest Muslim community in the United States. If the team is cool with it, who really cares?

These guys don't practice during some holiday and Walter doesn't roll on Shabbos.

images

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom