• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    First one to hesitate, dies. If the situation warranted pulling your gun, would you pull the trigger? And I say dont pull your gun unless you intend to kill. I would bet 99% of you wouldnt, or hestitate too long in a real life situation. I say most gunowners are just gun collectors and target shooters(and there is nothing wrong with that). You carry a deadly weapon. Are you prepared to kill a human with no hesitation? I am sure this will **** some people off, but like I said, 99% of civilians carrying firearms aren't prepared or willing to actually kill someone.
    There is a question on another thread asking about mandatory training for a LTCH. Most will say, hell no, its my right. Well in real life, I think it should be mandatory. It's common sense to me. Anybody allowed to carry a deadly weapon should be trained and required to prove that they are.
    I am sure I will get responses to this from all the internet John Wayne wannabe's who most likely would freeze like a deer in headlights if I came at you with my weapon drawn and pointed at you.
    Ok, let me have it. Thanks.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    John Waynes ????? I will not be wronged, I will not be laid a hand on,
    and I will not be insulted, I do not do these things, to others, and I
    expect the same in return.... I will pull the trigger, I am NOT a cold
    blooded killer, but I have been trained, and if its him or me, it will be me
    that survives.....

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Sorry, but the average CCW training class in NO WAY prepares someone for the moment when they have to draw on an actual person and fire at them, possibly to take their life. These classes discuss basic gun function, legal theory and escalation of force, which may prepare someone for knowing when they can legally shoot, and the small amount of "target practice" may prove that they can reasonably hit a paper silhouette at 7-10 yards, but there is no way it's going to give them the resolve they need to pull that trigger. They either have that resolve already, or have had much more intense training that forced it into them.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    WOW, someone ate their Wheaties today, feeling pretty full of yourself aren't you. I know I sure don't want to mess with you :laugh:

Bet your diggin' my avatar aren't you.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    From actual experiance in the Law Enforcement field, I drew my service weapon 2 times in 20 years. I was prepared to fire in both instances, however, nano-seconds ticked away, my brain, moving faster than I ever thought possible, evaluated the sitch and I DID NOT fire in either case. Both senarios ended without any major injuries to anyone involved, to include the perp.

I often think about these two days and wonder what kind of a person I would be today had things gone differently. I also thank God that I am still only thinking the 'what if's'.

I still carry. I am still prepared. I will, should I need, fire. But, to the other side of that arguement, I was trained extensively, and my training kicked in. I do believe that there are many who carry that should looking into some sort of 'Shoot/Don't Shoot' training at a minimum. No amount of target practice can ever prepare the subconscious mind to take control in a real threat situation.

And now I'll step down from the soap box..... :)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I could pull a trigger. yes.

Lots of factors here. to many to list. would I do it, yes, Would I pull a gun and then let the bad guy walk away armed to end the confrontation yes. Would I place the laser on the chest and tell them to lay down on the ground .more likely than just shooting them. IF say in a bonk robbery with other civilians unaccounted for in the area would I fire if drawn on and pointed at most likely not, Hey its not my money and he want the money not a murder charge. To many factors to consider for a yes or no answer. .

I would like any LEO (not LEO HERE) most likely do it at the last possible second giving all chances to the offender to surrender or walk away even if that is not the best line to take in all situations. I do not think most bad guys would be better than I in that situation. the real question would be am I good enough and well trained enough to do it when it counts. That is why I practice alot and keep a cool head without chemicals stimulants to cloud my thinking.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    You bet I'd pull the trigger. However, as far as I know most if not all states require training to drive why not some cursory training to carry?

Admittedly I have not thought much about this and impact on the 2nd. SO for now I reserve my opinion for further deliberation.

Interesting question to ponder, Pilgrim.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You bet I'd pull the trigger. However, as far as I know most if not all states require training to drive why not some cursory training to carry?

Admittedly I have not thought much about this and impact on the 2nd. SO for now I reserve my opinion for further deliberation.

Interesting question to ponder, Pilgrim.

Right .... Privilege there's a difference.

If I pull my gun, the decision to shoot hAs already been made.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    "Hey, you're all a bunch of pansies who would wet yourselves if faced with a life or death situation. Only me and the other 1% of the real men on this website have the guts to defend ourselves. I know I titled this thread as a question, but I really just wanted to insult all of you and let you know how much more of a bad mofo I am than all of you. I don't know anything about any of you, especially your backgrounds and levels of training but I know how awesome I am and can therefore assume you're inferior. You should just head back to the range with your plinkers and leave carrying a gun to the professionals."

Hahaha I love this thread! :laugh:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Right .... Privilege there's a difference.

If I pull my gun, the decision to shoot hAs already been made.

Well, the definition of privilege is: "any of the rights common to all citizens under a modern constitutional government: We enjoy the privileges of a free people."

So I have to respectfully disagree, there is no difference as you suggest based on well accepted definitions. rights are privileges guaranteed to us by the constitution.

As I said in my original post. I need to deliberate a bit further on this one. I try my best to think things through very thoroughly before offering a kneejerk response.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    No where is your ability to drive a car on public roads guaranteed.

I can show you where my right to bare arms is guaranteed.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    No where is your ability to drive a car on public roads guaranteed.

I can show you where my right to bare arms is guaranteed.

Maybe that is because when the Bill of rights were written there were no cars.

I am not arguing with the BOR. Just pointing out the error in your definitions and logic. sheesh:rolleyes:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    to the OP. I think you underestimate the human will to survive. I believe your estimation of those that will freeze up is WAY too high.

also, a person who has a gun verses one who doesnt still gave himself a better chance to live, even if he freezes up. id rather have a shot, than just be f***ed.

I dont hessitate.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom