• Would you Take the Shot???

• Total voters

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yes! Hose them down with the fully automatic Bradley mounted 50 cal that all of us gun nuts own!

Real answer; yes! Hose them down with 308 rounds from the M1A, of course it would be equipped with 20 round magazines at the time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    i find the question and the answer choices tasteless and offensive. you guys hoot and holler about living in the greatest country in the world and then talk about gunning down a SUSPECT as if he were proven guilty. may as well take a :poop: on the constitution yourself!

Um. . . .you're new here aren't you?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So if you shoot the bombers with your AR-15, is it a "Patrol Rifle", or an "Assault Rifle".
    I have a hard time keeping up with "made up" descriptions.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Isn't this what we are prepared for? Well some of us. I don't ever expect the police to protect me. If it happened on my street I would do what I felt I could without directing fire towards my house. Im not the kind of person that could just watch and take pictures while someone is trying to murder my fellow citizens (police). Of coarse there are many factors that would come into play and if you don't know what your doing maybe you should just stay low in your house.
    Sadly in that state because of unconstitutional gun laws they are all sitting ducks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Isn't this what we are prepared for? Well some of us. I don't ever expect the police to protect me. If it happened on my street I would do what I felt I could without directing fire towards my house. Im not the kind of person that could just watch and take pictures while someone is trying to murder my fellow citizens (police). Of coarse there are many factors that would come into play and if you don't know what your doing maybe you should just stay low in your house.
    Sadly in that state because of unconstitutional gun laws they are all sitting ducks.

Huh?
    They have guns in Massachussetts.
    They have more restrictions, but they have guns.

I know Wiki is not "law", but I can link to it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Massachusetts

RhuntUSNV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Really what are the chances that police would realize exactly which house it was coming from, their attention was directed at the suspects. If you fired a shot or two they would know someone was shooting from their left but not exactly. Dispatch would never give a civilian the OK to take down a suspect when police are engaged. Yes I would get out the 308 drop back in the room as far as possible and take two well placed shots to my ability. Then report to dispatch that two suspects have been shot from my upstairs window.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    With all of the crap that has been twisted around about gun violence, good guys shooting bad guys, white guys shooting anyone other than white guys, Russian nationals being shot, police shootings etc., I wouldn't chance shooting someone.

There are so many things that could go wrong before, during and after the shooting.

Just think if these guys do turn out to be affiliated with Al Quaeda, you shoot them and now some Al Quaeda operatives are after you and yours.

I know there are a lot of computer Ramboes on here, but to be realistic, there is no way I would take that shot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know there are a lot of computer Ramboes on here, but to be realistic, there is no way I would take that shot.

Whenever this statement is used it always makes me laugh. Yeah there are a lot of those types but there's also a lot of combat veterans on here, so it never applies to everyone.

Also I think some people drop that statement out of jealousy because they have been too much of a coward their whole Life to ever confront any kind of evil or bully head on. Not singling you out sir, just in general.

RhuntUSNV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Just think if these guys do turn out to be affiliated with Al Quaeda, you shoot them and now some Al Quaeda operatives are after you and yours.

How's that any different than going to war and doing similar things and them targetting you ? I survived that once, not worried about it. Take the shot from deep in the room! THEN call police and say suspects have been shot. If you do it in this method you don't have to worry about muzzle flash giving away position. Then go through questioning and your cleared chances are.. you won't be identified publicly anyway.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Whenever this statement is used it always makes me laugh. Yeah there are a lot of those types but there's also a lot of combat veterans on here, so it never applies to everyone.

Also I think some people drop that statement out of jealousy because they have been too much of a coward their whole Life to ever confront any kind of evil or bully head on. Not singling you out sir, just in general.

You are right, maybe I shouldn't have used that phrase. It just seems like if there were that many people in this world that would take that tack, you would see it a whole lot more.

You may be right that there are cowards out there, but it is hard for me to call this a cut and dry situation where if a guy doesn't act, then he is a coward.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    How's that any different than going to war and doing similar things and them targetting you ? I survived that once, not worried about it. Take the shot from deep in the room! THEN call police and say suspects have been shot. If you do it in this method you don't have to worry about muzzle flash giving away position. Then go through questioning and your cleared chances are.. you won't be identified publicly anyway.

I am not convinced that there is a way for you to do this and stay completely anonymous and I am not going to chance my family being hunted down.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You are right, maybe I shouldn't have used that phrase. It just seems like if there were that many people in this world that would take that tack, you would see it a whole lot more.

You may be right that there are cowards out there, but it is hard for me to call this a cut and dry situation where if a guy doesn't act, then he is a coward.

Sometimes one has to wait till the right time to act. One person acting alone will be called a nut.

I'm actualy glad some people do not act. They would end up killing innocent people most likely. I could care less if idiots kill themselves though.

For me myself and with my life experiences that have made me who I am, I couldn't hide while I knew criminals were shooting at the police outside my door. People have mentioned ducking back into the room to make your shot and when they (posters) saw that on tv they weren't aware you still need to know what your doing and the proper equiptment to use or your room is going to light up and give your position away and probly draw fire from the police who don't know who you are and also the bad guys.

Ill say this: Life is not like the movies. If you get In a fist fight prepare to get something broke. Maybe a tooth maybe your jaw maybe your hand or eye socket or if your lucky just a busted lip. But if you get hit its gonna hurt something. Maybe a permanent injury.

If you get into a gun fight then be prepared to die and if the cause is not worth that to you then don't get in it. There's no reset button.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This would not be a difficult shot with a decent EDC hand gun. We practice all the way out to 100 yds. regularly.
    Yes, I/we would take the shot.
    If you are shooting up my neighborhood and I/we have a chance to end that, yes, I/we would do so ASAP. Could possibly save innocent and LEO lives.
    Deal with the issues after it is over.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Only if I was sure I could get a head shot with the Mosin.

Jail or not, you would surpass even Chuck Norris levels of Internet badass-ness by offing an at-large terrorist with a Mosin! I dare say Fenway would have to change this site's name to MIGUELGO from INGO if that were to ever happen. :D

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    For me, I would probably take that shot, after making sure my wife was safely located away from likely injury. Of course, I would want to be very certain the shootout was with the police and not between two rival drug gangs. Across the street means those guys are closer than it appears in the photos. A body shot would be quite feasible and probably effective. If one stood back from the window, no flash would be visible down the street to draw police gun fire.
    But, the truth is that it is hard to say for sure what one would do when unexpectedly faced with such a situation without the time to reflect about it as an armchair quarterback.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For me, I would probably take that shot, after making sure my wife was safely located away from likely injury. Of course, I would want to be very certain the shootout was with the police and not between two rival drug gangs. Across the street means those guys are closer than it appears in the photos. A body shot would be quite feasible and probably effective. If one stood back from the window, no flash would be visible down the street to draw police gun fire.
    But, the truth is that it is hard to say for sure what one would do when unexpectedly faced with such a situation without the time to reflect about it as an armchair quarterback.

I beg to differ. It would be visible. And im not just guessing, im stating a fact. Maybe they would be too focused and miss it but if they were looking in that direction they would see it and then you could expect incoming.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Yes. No hesitation. if they are shooting at the police and having explosive ordinance at their disposal, they are a threat, which adds the variable: When will they be a threat to me, my family, and those innocents around me.

they would already be distracted by the police, so no fear of direct reprisal from the terrorists.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This poll sucks. There was no "bacon" option. That aside, if I could be sure I'd get a good, clean, I'd possibly take it. Hard to say for sure. This isn't as easy a scenario or as easy a shot as standing right behind some thug who's sticking a gun in a clerk's face, or some thug squeezing a garrote tight around someone else's neck, right in front of me.

Top Bottom