• Would you Take the Shot???

• Total voters

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    To answer your first paragraph. Your life doesn't have to be in danger to legally shoot someone when some other persons life is in mortal danger.

No dispatcher will ever give the take down order ever to a citizen. That would open them up to huge liability. They will stay on the phone and listen to you gurgling and dying in your own blood but they won't even tell you to defend yourself.

Your absolutely right, the dispatch cant tell you to take the shot, but they can tell you the officers are aware of your postion and do what you have to do. Your not calling for permission, your calling so the leo on the scen know you are not another terrorist backing them up.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Idk what id do honestly. Do you think with that many police firing on the terrorists they would even try to find where the death shot came from? If they didnt would you tell them?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Your absolutely right, the dispatch cant tell you to take the shot, but they can tell you the officers are aware of your postion and do what you have to do. Your not calling for permission, your calling so the leo on the scen know you are not another terrorist backing them up.

If you drop the active shooters in their tracks and stop at that point and make yourself known they will not gun you down unless you are in "LA"
    After all the gunfire stops, they quit moving and things get quite then you let LEO know who you are. They are amped up on adrenaline and will be a bit testy but hey, you just ended this.
    there is also the guy's boat that would not get shot the hell up.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's something I'd never think of in this situation, but I'll throw it out for discussion. What if you could contact the officers through the 911 dispatch? Would they believe you? Would it allow you to take a shot without getting lit up by the cops? This was not a Hollywood Bank of America 1997 situation. Hell there were up-armored vehicles running around, guys in the turret with M-16s. I don't want that rollin up to my house because I took a shot at someone I thought was a bad guy.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Not before hanging out the window and flashing my concealed carry badge and verbally identifying myself to law enforcement via morse code with my Surefire Lawman flashlight.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I might call 911 and state that I have a clear shot while the officers don't, but since I'm not LEO and have no millitary background I would expect them to tell me not to interfere. For all I know SWAT could have them in their crosshairs and be ready to pull the trigger.

God forbid, if the LEO were downed and these guys were getting away with no resistance? Yeah, I'd probably drop em if I could.

This is what I would do.

Top Bottom