• Could you vote for Thompson?

• Total voters

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't vote in the poll, because I dont know the position of his competitor. I like most of what he's saying, aside from the health care stance. I would really need to know more about him and his ideology of govt.s role.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I couldn't vote for him because of his profession, we have to many lawyers in politics and we are going the wrong way

:+1: Too many lawyers. Is there any candidates who have actually worked for a living? Someone who has gotten a blister on their hands rather than a paper cut? I'm not saying that being a lawyer isn't hard work. I want the guy who works hard to pay his bills. Knows what it feels like to have to do without. Someone who has had to make payroll on work that he gets and see that most of the money go to taxes. Someone who doesn't drive a new Audi but an old pickup. Someone who doesn't have a $300 haircut but a $10 one for "Bills" barber shop. Most of all I want someone who thinks outside the box.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So you guys aren't going to vote until the PERFECT candidate comes along? Some of you are saying that you won't vote for him because of 1 maybe 2 things.

Honest question.

/devil's advocate.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So you guys aren't going to vote until the PERFECT candidate comes along? Some of you are saying that you won't vote for him because of 1 maybe 2 things.

Honest question.

/devil's advocate.

But, to me those are two VERY important things. Some issues I can overlook, some are drop dead issues for me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Where a candidate "stands" isn't worth a bucket of ****.

Does he have a record of support for what he says he stands for? If he has no official record of support then I'm not taking him at his word. I would have to measure him against whoever he is running against.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Nope.

He is wrong on abortion.

He statement about healthcare is wa too vague.

There is only two good lawyers, mine.

I doubt his tax plan greatly.

The fact the he aligns himself with the Democrat party shows signs of poor decision skills.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Honest question.

/devil's advocate.

There is no perfect candidate and I realize that. However, ANY candidate that refuses to support the Constitution is not someone I can vote for. I don't care if they want to provide health care to everyone in the world as long as they don't plan to use taxes to fund it.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I honestly don't know. I don't vote along party lines, I actually research the people first so id have to research this man farther. This man and I do agree on gun control and term limits, however I'm against univeral health care or government run healthcare with the execption of medicare for those that are truly down on their luck, not some lazy bum who keeps popping out kids left and right as fast as she can.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    :+1: Too many lawyers. Is there any candidates who have actually worked for a living? Someone who has gotten a blister on their hands rather than a paper cut? I'm not saying that being a lawyer isn't hard work. I want the guy who works hard to pay his bills. Knows what it feels like to have to do without. Someone who has had to make payroll on work that he gets and see that most of the money go to taxes. Someone who doesn't drive a new Audi but an old pickup. Someone who doesn't have a $300 haircut but a $10 one for "Bills" barber shop. Most of all I want someone who thinks outside the box.

Yeah! All those darn lawyers were born with silver spoons in their mouth! Never had to do anything! Lazy bastages! :laugh:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, I could vote for him, but it would depend on his opponent as well.

Health Insurance Reform, not Nationalization, is definitely needed. As it stands now, health insurance is State regulated. This typically means, there is additional cost to a company wishing to sell across state lines, because they have to comply with 2 sets of rules. Health insurance is also regulated in a way that pools of people must be geographically, and economicly common. Meaning...you can only sell a policy to say carpenters living in NW Hendricks county. Plumbers from NW hendricks county can not be included in that policy, and carpenters from SW Hendricks county can not be included in that policy. States also support selling policies based on age. So, you can lump all of your high cost old people onto one policy and then refuse to renew that policy once it starts to lose money.

So, yes, reform is definitely needed, and unfortunately would need to be done at a Federal level, so that all companies in all states are playing by the same rules.

That's just one man's opinion though. Also, this would be done to increase interstate commerce, by removing roadblocks set up by individual states, so it does have constitutional authority.

Abortion...what a sticky wicket that one is. I believe in the sanctity of life. I believe that no person has the right to end another person's life, and that extends to people in any stage of development. I find the practice of abortion to be abhorent, but I don't think it should be out and out illegal, for medical reasons.

From a legal perspective...I think the Federal government should remove itself from this arena, and that power should be left to the states. Let them sort out the legal morality of abortion. It worked for 200 years prior to Roe V Wade. I would be the first person standing on the Indiana capitol steps beating the drum to make it illegal except to save the mother's life.

Flat sales tax, yes. Flat income tax, no. A tax on income is incredibly detrimental to the fiscal well being of any entity, because it reduces investment, which is the most financially sound way to grow a business.

So, yes, I could vote for this man, given the caveats above.

Top Bottom