• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I have received an education in the last few weeks. I was one of the masses, a “sheep”, if you will. I didn’t really understand what kind of attack the Constitution, not to mention the 2nd Amendment, was under these days. A friend, coworker, and long time member of this site, tried to tell me. I thought I knew before but now it’s different.

I am a new handgun owner. Like everything I do, I like to understand the process and cultures around an action so I don’t look like a fool when I, in this case, go to a gun store. This was EYE OPENING. The bureaucratic obstructions and seemingly public attitude to gun ownership may be manageable in Indiana but in our Country at large, it’s not good! The control politicians and “public interest” groups want over me and my family is disconcerting at least. Actually, it’s downright scary mostly.

I have joined the NRA. I’ve joined this forum and others. I’ve taken an active role in teaching youth I work with about firearm safety and responsibility. My eyes are open and looking out for other areas our Freedom is being siphoned off, one law at a time.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have received an education in the last few weeks. I was one of the masses, a “sheep”, if you will. I didn’t really understand what kind of attack the Constitution, not to mention the 2nd Amendment, was under these days. A friend, coworker, and long time member of this site, tried to tell me. I thought I knew before but now it’s different.

I am a new handgun owner. Like everything I do, I like to understand the process and cultures around an action so I don’t look like a fool when I, in this case, go to a gun store. This was EYE OPENING. The bureaucratic obstructions and seemingly public attitude to gun ownership may be manageable in Indiana but in our Country at large, it’s not good! The control politicians and “public interest” groups want over me and my family is disconcerting at least. Actually, it’s downright scary mostly.

I have joined the NRA. I’ve joined this forum and others. I’ve taken an active role in teaching youth I work with about firearm safety and responsibility. My eyes are open and looking out for other areas our Freedom is being siphoned off, one law at a time.

I hope you have received some formal training before taking on such a task.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Welcome! You are on of millions, thank God. Now that you are becoming aware of where we really are in Amerika, and the world, the madder you will get. The more you learn, the more you want to find out what else they are doing to us and our once great nation. And the more you wake up, the more guns and ammo you will want to acquire. Now that can get fairly expensive.
    There is no truth or information on any form of the main stream media, so avoid it as a total waste of time. There are a lot of conspiracy theories, only because there are a lot of conspiracies! Dig for yourself, and make up your mind. Ignore the naysayers and those that ridicule your beliefs. Remember, if you can't refute the message, attack the messenger. Denial is the number one defense of the other side.
    Good Luck
    John

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I hope you have received some formal training before taking on such a task.

I have completed NRA RSO training but let me be clear...I am not teaching the classes. I am setting them up and letting qualified instructors do it. Maybe some day when my own skills are better, but for now, this will have to work.

Thanks for asking.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    The bureaucratic obstructions and seemingly public attitude to gun ownership may be manageable in Indiana but in our Country at large, it’s not good!
    Couldn't agree more. I just moved here from Rhode Island/Connecticut, where there is an AWB in CT and NFA items are unobtainable for civilians in RI. It's pretty upsetting that I had to relocate my family 1000 miles to excercise my 2A rights. While stationed in CT a guy from one of the subs was arrested for having an AR, headlines read "Sailor arrested for possession of an assault weapon.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have completed NRA RSO training but let me be clear...I am not teaching the classes. I am setting them up and letting qualified instructors do it. Maybe some day when my own skills are better, but for now, this will have to work.

Thanks for asking.

+1 for getting involved and helping kids learn. Glad you joined us.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Welcome to the real world, we're all greatful for every newbe who decides to stand up to the attacks society puts us under each day.
    Enjoy your new gun and your newfound independent thought.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Sounds like you have hit the ground running. Welcome to the better side of that fence, hopefully more Americans can open their eyes to the tyranny that our constitution is being exposed to, and vote accordingly.

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Maybe I haven't been pounding the keys for nothing. There is sun. Like to see a lot more of trhis. Semper Fi

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Rep added as well, welcome to the "revolution" as they call it.. I like to call it abiding by our United States Constitution..

+1 for setting up classes for youth, for obtaining some training yourself, for having your eyes openned and joining INGO..

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    :rockwoot::ingo::patriot:
    red-pill-or-blue-pill.jpg

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Welcome!
    Rep added. It really is eye-opening. I've moved around a bit and have lived in areas where guns are completely banned (Europe) and where currently no permits are required to conceal carry (Arizona). The perception varies so much, and really it comes down to getting the word out, representing them accurately and providing education on the topic.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    This was EYE OPENING. The bureaucratic obstructions and seemingly public attitude to gun ownership may be manageable in Indiana but in our Country at large, it’s not good! The control politicians and “public interest” groups want over me and my family is disconcerting at least. Actually, it’s downright scary mostly.

It would be interesting to know how many of those public attitudes that are against gun ownership are actually criminals. It's one thing to choose to be defensless but another to force their same choice onto others.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    its not so much that they may be criminals wanting people to be defenseless, but this odd notion that by making something illegal, the criminals will not use it. if we ban drugs, then people will not use them, however they do. it is illegal to hold up a gas station, happens all the time. it is illegal to drive 56 mph or faster on 465, tons of people do. making the firearms illegal will do nothing to keep criminals form using them.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

I am glad to see that you now know what is going on. The issue with firearms ownership is just the tip of the iceberg with the control the politicians are trying to wrestle away from our Constitution. Most of them do not give a damn for liberty and freedom, firearms or otherwise. Hope you keep learning.

Top Bottom