• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    I have a friend who does airsoft, and he paints airsoft guns with rustoleum all the time. I'd imagine they get a lot more abuse than the average Glock does and they hold up just fine. I'm not one for decorating my tools, but if you're into that sort of thing, then it's probably a good, cheap way to do it. Also, he said it's "camo tan", not gold. Just a bad picture maybe?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Give him $50 for it, no more. Since anyone buying it would now have to refinish it, or pay to have it done.

My guess, this is the same type person that'd paint their pickup with spray cans, as well. :lmfao:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    You can get a decent look for not much, if you know what you're doing. I wanted to camo a hunting rifle a few years back, Ruger MkII M77 all weather synthetic stainless in 30.06. Got some fake leaves from a terrarium (for pattern) and a 3-color camo spray can set from Walmart. Did a few base coats of brown, green and black. Turned out not to bad and it's still holding up 15 years later!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Eh, who cares.

Rattle-can paint or not, it's all cosmetic.

I'm miffed that the guy wants $350 for a Gen 2 and only 1 mag.

$300 - and that'd be a heck of a deal. Wouldn't take much to strip the frame back down.

Some of y'all need to loosen your hats. This isn't a butchered stipple job or a terrible "grip reduction". It's spray paint.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To each, his own I say. Not exactly what I like, but it's an old Glock. Those are built to be tools, and if a bit of camo tan makes you happier with your chosen tool, then so what. It might come across better if it were flat instead of glossy though. I'm guessing that anyone that has a soda blaster (most car guys) could have that stripped in 5 minutes.

It may be ugly, but I'll give the guy credit for trying to pimp it up a bit before selling it. How many guns have you seen for sale where the seller was too lazy to even run a boresnake through it before selling?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If it could be had for $300, I'd jump on it.
    would make a good go-bag gun, trunk gun, or whatever abusive service you wanted to throw it into.
    I'd bet it's still a good shooter.

nothing that some paint stripper couldn't fix.
    Clean it up, test fire it, stash it away for a rainy day.

I'd wager I could out shoot most of you 1911 guys with it... :stickpoke: wouldn't that be fun :banana:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I prefer this over my brothers stippled Glock. Looks like someone took a hot nail and poked the lower. This is assuming that lower is tan and not the gold the pic says.

Oh wait...thats what they did.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yes, I have seen stipple jobs that are much less attractive that surely devalued the gun. I'll bet he was just practicing on the Glock before trying ithe paint job on his Hi-Point!
    Eh, who cares.

Rattle-can paint or not, it's all cosmetic.

I'm miffed that the guy wants $350 for a Gen 2 and only 1 mag.

$300 - and that'd be a heck of a deal. Wouldn't take much to strip the frame back down.

Some of y'all need to loosen your hats. This isn't a butchered stipple job or a terrible "grip reduction". It's spray paint.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Hey, if I owned a Glock, I'd do what I could to hide the fact that it was a Glock, too. He started out by painting it and now he is selling it. Sounds like the guy is getting smarter by the day.:D

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I don't understand the dislike for Glock. I have a Glock 35 that I really like. I have some after market barrels for it in 40 S&W, 9mm, and 357 Sig. It takes 30 seconds to change the barrel and it's fun to shoot. I wouldn't say Glock is my favorite or first choice but I do like the one I have.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Would spraying it with brake cleaner take the paint off? I'm sure there is a way to remove the paint, and then re-paint it to your liking.
    Could be a good project for someone. And I bet if someone did offer him $300 he would probably take it.

Top Bottom