• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    state cop next to me at jp range had a 15 inch spread at 20 yds and then moved up to do close range work and im next to him at about 7 yds he draws and wam!!! accidental discharge right next to his right foot he says he's gettin used to his new xd tac-45 i say get used to keepin your finger off the trigger!!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not accidental... negligent.

Getting used to missing is one thing. Getting used to limping is another.:n00b:

I hope you moved rapidly away from him.

ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    I guess to me it seems amazing that (some)!!! leo's put so little effort into firearm ability

ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    10 yrs in the marine corps and countless tac classes -cqb-urban warfare and the like I just got used to people that carry as really dialed in and I guess capable this guy acted like it was a common thing !!!!as it took place I said dude!!!!!!! holy s**T sre you ok he says ohhhh yea just gettin used to this trigger lol whata dingdong. I thought that when it happened he was gonna sweep me with the muzzle cause I yelled holy s**t

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Apparently he thinks it is acceptable to keep your finger on the trigger and just needs more time to learn how much pressure he can put on it before a NEGLIGENT discharge.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have seen that accuracy from officers at JP everytime they are there. It doesn't matter if it is county or any of the local cities.

I struck up a conversation once and I was told that it was about "battle" accuracy. To each their own. I'm done talking to officers at the range because they want to tell this "kid" how I should be shooting. Eventhough I am more safe and accurate then they are.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Since XD's are not Indiana State Police issue, maybe he should get more familiar with what he was issued. If this officer is so unproficient with his personally provided weapon, I would hate to imagine him learning how to handle two different platforms.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have seen that accuracy from officers at JP everytime they are there. It doesn't matter if it is county or any of the local cities.

I struck up a conversation once and I was told that it was about "battle" accuracy. To each their own. I'm done talking to officers at the range because they want to tell this "kid" how I should be shooting. Eventhough I am more safe and accurate then they are.

FYI... on the "battle" accuracy issue.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/55061-combat_accuracy.html

Conclusion
    It's simple any shot on them is good for you and bad for them. It may not be a fight winning shot, but there is a whole lot more coming and it is coming fast and accurately. Stay fight focused, not score focused, spread the love, and shoot them to the ground.

Combat shooting is nasty business. You are not going to be perfect, you are going to fight within what ever the situations allows you. You will need every edge that you can get to be the very best that you can be. You need to be able to fight inside of the realities of the fight, not inside of the made up realities of the recent past. Learn from the very best that had no agenda.....look to the history of the gunfight and seamlessly integrate the best of the old with the best of the new.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I friend of mine is a Jailer. He claims he shoots twice a year and qualifies once a year. He currently has a revolver - his leader suggests he gets a Glock 45 - scary!

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I have a buddy that did a similar thing, only even more hair-brained. He was a police "Explorer," which is pretty much like boyscouts for young cop prospects.....anyway, he was riding shotgun with his LEO mentor and they were parked doing whatever cops do when they are parked. My buddy was holstering his new Glock, and pulled the pistol out to show it to the officer in command. Negligent discharge right into his foot and through the floor of the car. Ouch!!! I'm pretty sure they lost a bit of hearing from the incident as well. After much discipline, he was allowed to re-join the Explorers.......gun-less, of course. 10 years later, he is a local LEO in my neighboring town......a damn good one at that. Lesson learned the hard way!

Top Bottom