• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Some Questions here. Facts are not in yet, however I am trying to understand a tragedy. There was a shooting today at 06:00. Leaving one dead and one charged with criminal homicide. Based on the reporting it states suspect charged, 40 caliber hand gun recovered at the scene. Article states deceased found in stairwell. Based on what is known the shooting took place in a common area. Judging by the time it appears the suspect went there for a purpose, I am trying to be objective, but is it likely they would have announced charges 3 hours after the incident if it was a dgu?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some Questions here.* Facts are not in yet, however I am trying to understand a tragedy.* There was a shooting today at* 06:00.* Leaving one dead and one charged with criminal homicide.* Based on the reporting it states suspect charged, 40 caliber hand gun recovered at* scene.* Article states deceased found in stairwell.<br><br>Based on what is known the shooting took place in a common area.<br><br>Judging by the time it appears the suspect went there for a purpose, I am trying* to be objective, but is it likely they would have announced charges 3 hours after the incident if it was a dgu?*<br><br><br>

What in the heck is that..........Aliens I tell ya.

Makes no sense. Try again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Particularly if there's a confession/admission, it wouldn't take long. Something like that, there, probably gets to the top of the prosecutor's in-basket for charging.

Won't know if it was a DGU until the self-defense facts come in at trial.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    three hours from event to charges seems fast :twocents:

Sometimes you've got everything you need to make a decision and there's not likely to be any new info that matters. The first homicide scene I worked as lead (until one of the actual Homicide detectives could break free) was so blatantly justified we had a decision from the prosecutor before we even attempted to interview the shooter or finished processing the scene.

That's not the usual way things go, mind you, but it's not unheard of.

Top Bottom