• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I just got an Adams Arms piston kit and unfortunately they sent too short of screws for the gasblock. If anyone can tell me where I might find some replacements here in Indianapolis that would be great.

Here is a picture of how short they are compared to the longer one on the right from my other rifle that has this kit. They are allen key heads.

IMAG0561_zpsefc04d09.jpg

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I have already emailed them to get replacements but I am sure I won't hear back until at least next week sometime. I was hoping to get this rifle tested out this weekend.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    McMaster Carr will have them to you with the quickness, but you will need to determine the thread first.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I have an email into AA now but waiting to hear back. I went to lowes and found something similar but the head and thread are slightly larger than the ones that came with the kit so it looks like they are either non-standard or the brand AA is using is just normally smaller than the brand at Lowes and the tolerances are just too tight to make it work. :scratch: They are not small enough to be the next size down so a little odd.

I will probably try a couple more places to see what I can find but it is a little frustrating.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They are called Socket Head Cap Screws or SHCS. They look like a metric pitch thread. Lowes and Menards should have a thread gauge that can verify. I'm pretty sure they have them in stock. I would suggest getting Stainless.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I found some that work :rockwoot: I just got back from Home Depot and they had the right size. Looks like part of it may have been that I was trying to use a Metric sized screw instead of a Standard sized screw. I had a M5 before and the one that works is a #10-32 x 1/2"

Part of the problem may have been that I was looking for black screws and all they had were stainless. They will let me test the rifle until AA can get me some replacements.

On another note I was supped to get a Dillon quick change kit in today but Fedex says it won't show up until the 9th now. There are no updates on the tracking number I had to call to get that info. From the way the rep. talked they are using some service other than themselves and they are being slow for an un-known reason. LOL seems like whenever I am in a hurry something always goes wrong and it is someone else's fault that I can't control. Guess I will be loading the slow way tonight for tomorrows test.

Thanks for the ideas everyone :ingo:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I found some that work :rockwoot: I just got back from Home Depot and they had the right size. Looks like part of it may have been that I was trying to use a Metric sized screw instead of a Standard sized screw. I had a M5 before and the one that works is a #10-32 x 1/2"

Part of the problem may have been that I was looking for black screws and all they had were stainless. They will let me test the rifle until AA can get me some replacements.

On another note I was supped to get a Dillon quick change kit in today but Fedex says it won't show up until the 9th now. There are no updates on the tracking number I had to call to get that info. From the way the rep. talked they are using some service other than themselves and they are being slow for an un-known reason. LOL seems like whenever I am in a hurry something always goes wrong and it is someone else's fault that I can't control. Guess I will be loading the slow way tonight for tomorrows test.

Thanks for the ideas everyone :ingo:

Probably using Fed Ex "Smart Post" which uses the USPS for final delivery.

US Package Delivery Services - Up to 150 Lbs - FedEx

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    FWIW, try to stick with pretty hard screws if you use an Allen (internal hex) head. For metric, that means 10.9 or 12.9. For SAE, that's grade 8 or higher.

Harder screws are FAR less likely to strip, and the Allen is the head is the KING of inconvenient head stripping!

Top Bottom