WSJ Poll: Should high-capacity ammunition magazines for rifles be banned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    The anti gunners are going to want some sort of a concession from the pro gunners, ban high cap mags, semi-auto "assault" rifles or something to generate a feeling of "doing something" about this horrible tragedy in Conneticut. I own several ARs. and I deer hunt with a .450 Bushmaster......do I think banning 20 or 50 round mags will change anything..no... but we might have to give a little on this situation. We cannot legislate sanity.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The anti gunners are going to want some sort of a concession from the pro gunners, ban high cap mags, semi-auto "assault" rifles or something to generate a feeling of "doing something" about this horrible tragedy in Conneticut. I own several ARs. and I deer hunt with a .450 Bushmaster......do I think banning 20 or 50 round mags will change anything..no... but we might have to give a little on this situation. We cannot legislate sanity.

Screw+you+guys.+Don+t+know+if+this+is+100+OC_8c7270_4190682.jpg

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

The problem is that their idea of compromise is that they get what they want and gun owners just suck it up.

Here's the analogy, I have $20 and you want to take my money. You insist that I have to "compromise" and I have to give you $10. The problem is that isn't a compromise. I gain nothing from it, other than I don't lose everything I had.

You can never bargain with anti-gunners because their end goal is to ban all guns. They've learned to be crafty and will take any piece they can, to incrementally enact more and more bans, knowing that the tide rarely rolls the other way to remove bans (remember, the AWB wasn't repealed, it sun-setted, something the vast majority of the legislation doesn't have a provision for).

Top Bottom