• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I am interested in a .22 over .410 or 20 ga combo gun. Something along the lines of a Savage 24 or a Springfield m6. I'm not real picky about the brand but I'd like it to be in good condition. I'd also like to keep it under $300 if I can.

Thanks,

Jackson

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Got one in perfect condition but it's not close to your price range. Saw one on gunbroker that the seller said was kept under the seat of his truck and was" a little rough around the edges" it had a $350 bid on it.
    Mine is one of the old ones from when they first came out. Pretty cool little guns , their neat. I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Mine was made in the Czech republic. Its a Springfield M-6 scout, 22LR over .410 bore.
    Made my mind buzz with survivalistic goodness when I bought it. Would be great for a back country survive/ kill lil critters/til you could find your way back to town gun. You could kill deer or even a bear if you had to (close range) with the 410 and slugs. All parkerized steel, could beat a horse to death with it.
    I'd figure you could get a newer one for near what you are offering but its on the low side of the price range. I've heard that the newer ones aren't as good as the old ones, but I don't have 1st hand knowledge of that.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What's the brand and model of your rifle? How much do you think I should expect to pay for what I'm looking for?

I would expect to pay 400-450 for a used one in good shape{savage that is} some times cheaper if you get lucky.
    I have the savage in 223 over 12ga and also one in 22wmr over 20ga. I gave close to $500 223/12 about 6 years ago which was a bit over priced then but a decent price now. gave $100 for the 22/20 at a pawn shop but had to have the wood re worked and the gun re blued. they are great little guns and awesome small game/predator guns. good luck in your quest and hope you find one!

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Cpt. that sounds like a really great gun but it's a little more expensive than I feel like I can afford right now.

Thanks a lot for all of your replies.

Top Bottom