Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa

I have owned a Bersa Thunder 380 since 2007. Yes it is larger and
    heavier than many new 380's. The thing about my Bersa, is it is
    accurate, and VERY reliable. It will shoot with out fail, just about
    any non- steel cased bullets. Incredible buy for the money.
    Can't tell you about customer service, as I have never needed it.
    Having said this, I would never buy any 380 caliber pistol, knowing
    what I know now.
    Go with a 9MM. More power, less expensive ammo.
    Just my thought.

Scotty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Anderson
    Those are pretty good sized 380's if your going with that large of a 380, I would just go ahead and get a 9mm! 380's ok for a pocket gun if you get something smaller and lighter than the Bersa or Taurus, otherwise stick with a 9mm.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Ok folks, went to Sportsmans Warehouse today and put some of these 380's in my hand.

The Taurus felt good and the price $245, was great. (Best ive seen)
    The Ruger was nice too and the price $298 wasnt bad.
    They showed me a Bodyguard :dunno: which has a built in laser sight :yesway:. They wanted $345 for that gun. What do you guys know about the BodyGuard? Good gun? I liked the way it looked and felt. So, help me with this bodyguard info!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Though the calibers are all the same, the Bersa Thunder and the Ruger LCP / S&W Body Guard are very different firearms.

The LCP and Body Guard are true pocket guns. My LCP is very reliable and accurate for a pocket gun. My brother in law has the Body Guard with the laser. He like it and says it is reliable. IMO, a laser on a pocket gun may not be worth much. A pocket gun is likely to be used in very close quarters and the laser may not mean much... my brother in law disagrees.

The Thunder, while small, is still closer to a full size firearm with grips that (depending on the size of your hand) allow for a full hand grip, particularly with the magazine flange for the pinky finger. This contributes to a much more accurate firearm than the LCP or Body Guard... at least that is my experience.

If it were me, I would go get the LCP or Thunder in lieu of the Body Guard. Then I would use the money saved on the laser to buy the LCP or Thunder I didn't get with the first purchase.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have the LCP. My buddy has the Bodyguard .380. I've shot both. Both kick about the same. Both are extremely reliable. We've got close to 1000 rounds through each with ZERO malfunctions on either. I say you can't go wrong with either gun.

That being said, I've seen the LCP as low as $250 at a gun show, with the Bodyguard at least $100 more. It just depends on how important it is for you to have a laser on your pocket gun. That's the only difference to me.

Top Bottom