• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks to INGO for finding me all the parts I needed to build a good quality inexpensive AR. I got the last parts I needed a little while ago.

Closing the thread now.
    ALL I need are sights/optic, and a free float hand rail of at least 9" preferably 13" keymod. NO quad rail etc... This will finish this AR. Everything else is assemble now.
    Thanks for the INGO members helping put a decent rifle together.

I'd rather trade but I have cash on hand.
    S.Side Indy. I can't travel far so shipping is an option depending on parts.
    Thanks.

Last edited:

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    I have a few parts you might be able to use. I have a railed gas block, standard charging handle, a set of iron sights with either a detachable carry handle rear sight or a basic a2 style rear with no carry handle, a barrel nut with delta ring and a quad rail handguardand retaining cap. There not fancy parts by any means but they worked for me. I might have a few more floating in the drawer and ill check when I get home.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I have:

--White Oak A2 front sight assembly with windage screws, and is tapped all the way through the front post so that it accepts a jam screw from the bottom (keeps it 100% solid and no longer relies on the spring/detent setup); it can come with one front sight post, and already has all small parts installed. 0.750" "Standard" inside diameter.

--Rifle gas tube in good shape, currently already attached to the front sight assb.

--Rifle buffer spring in almost unused condition (replaced it with a Tubb)

--AR trigger group in almost new condition as well (replaced with a match trigger)

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'll take a look see again.

I just added those items up, and it comes to $110.50 retail, but of course that's new price.

I'll send this stuff to you for $50 shipped, and I could almost certainly mail them tomorrow.

-Nate

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I Need to get the barrel before I get the gas system or hand guards.
    I appreciate the offers so far. It's giving me options.

EDIT:

I want to stay with 556 caliber, 16 or 14.5" barrel preferably. A2 flash hider is fine with me.
    Low profile gas block AFTER I get the barrel. Gas tube is also depending on barrel.

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Harry, if you have a specific thing in mind for this rifle, all due respect, you're gonna need to widen your net some.

Either post on a bigger forum, or get ready to just order some parts. I'll give it to you, you're only requiring two of the three parts of value (Good and Cheap), and not asking for it to be Fast as well. :)

Best of luck,
    -Nate

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm looking for a Green Mountain Barrel 14/5" or 16" .750 barrel, 1/7 or 1/8 most likely. Mid length gas tube, low profile block.
    Aimpoint Comp M3 or M4 preferably, BCM or Seekins 13"-15" forward grip. Lightweight. Keymod preferred.
    NO quad rails.
    Again, thanks for all the great offers I've received and for those parts I've bought or traded for on this "rat rifle".
    It's coming along very nice and of decent quality without being classed into the Anderson or PSA ilk.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Harry, if you have a specific thing in mind for this rifle, all due respect, you're gonna need to widen your net some.

Either post on a bigger forum, or get ready to just order some parts. I'll give it to you, you're only requiring two of the three parts of value (Good and Cheap), and not asking for it to be Fast as well. :)

Best of luck,
    -Nate

Thanks for the input Nate.
    Our thinking is close.
    I'll always give INGO a shot to pick up some needed or wanted items first. I've never been disappointed in the generosity of our members.
    IF I can't find what I'm looking for on INGO I'll have one of our local gun shops order what I want.
    Me ordering on line is a last resort except for ammo.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom