• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    Hello: I am looking to buy a Mauser 98 k (ww 2 ) German if possible. My only problem is I do not know what to look for. I have other guns and I understand about some markings but I do not know about the Mauser. So if any of you guys out there could help me I would appreciate it. Also what price range are we talking about. Thanks

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Hi, the WWII 98k can be quite the minefield. The popularity of collecting the rifle had led to a lot of fake markings, so you really need to spend some time studying it. The good news is that they are great rifles, are a fun collecting field, and are really not very hard to find if you are willing to be patient.

I highly, highly recommend that you visit the K98K Forum and go through the threads and the picture reference. If you have specific questions or need further assistance in some way send me a message. I would be glad to help. I bought my first 98k many years ago and it was a much simpler prospect back in those days as the fakes were not so numerous.

I should add that the reason you need to really study is that the markings were different for each manufacturer, and there were quite a few of them, but the markings also changed over time for each manufacturer. The end result is that the combination of markings that are correct for each rifle is very time specific and manufacturer specific.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom